Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center is a nursing home located in Fort Worth, Texas which has 813,980 people. Our scoring system was not kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall score of F. If you aren't happy with this nursing home, you should be able to find another option in Fort Worth, as the city has more than 25 nursing homes. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of C for our nursing rating. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to learn that this facility received a solid long-term care grade in our assessment. We awarded it a C in that category. Long-term care ratings are meaningful for residents seeking non-healthcare services such as personal care. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.710144 percent of its residents. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second least favorable category was short-term care, where it received just a D in that category. This is a relatively poor score. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be more meaningful for residents in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Turning to our final category of inspections, this facility received a grade that's as bad as it gets. We weight this category more heavily than our other categories. When a facility has this poor of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This particular nursing home was hit with one category J or K deficiency, which are among the worst categories of deficiencies. On top of having severe deficiencies, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that have experienced a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 94.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ft Worth Southwest Nursing Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth SouthAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away11801 South Freeway Burleson Texas 76028Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 568-5317
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Baylor Scott and White Emergency Hospital BurlesonAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away12500 South Freeway Suite 100 Burleson Texas 76028Proprietary(214) 294-6250
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Fresenius Medical Care Ft Worth Parkway1.49 miles away6551 Harris Parkway Suite 115 A Fort Worth Texas 76132CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (817) 292-5512
- Hulen Dialysis1.49 miles away5832 S Hulen St Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 370-7642
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Bryant Irvin2.62 miles away5729 Bryant Irvin Rd Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (682) 224-7635
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Southwest Fort Worth2.64 miles away5127 Old Granbury Road Fort Worth Texas 76133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 370-7830
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Fort Worth4.85 miles away4804 Bryant Irvin Court Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 738-8703
- Rrc West Fort Worth6.01 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200
- Fresenius Medical Care of Burleson6.39 miles away200 Mcpherson Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76140Dialysis Stations: 20 (817) 551-6623
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC6.55 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916