Friendship Village of Tempe is a small non-profit nursing home in Tempe, Arizona. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top five percent of all nursing homes in the nation. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a no brainer for just about anybody. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Friendship Village of Tempe
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was dominant in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Very few facilities fared better in this area. In determining our short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Friendship Village of Tempe?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also excelled in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Few facilities received a better grade in this category. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last category we looked at, this facility received a very favorable grade of A in our nursing category. With this grade, the nursing home wrapped up a straight A report card. Our nursing score includes a handful of components, however, the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving residents more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friendship Village of Tempe Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friendship Village of Tempe, 10.95 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friendship Village of Tempe, 73.63% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.57 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 9.4 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.08 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Southwest Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)1.2 miles away1457 W Southern Ave Ste 19 Mesa Arizona 85202Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 894-5411
- Red Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)3.63 miles away1211 N Country Club Dr Ste 4 Mesa Arizona 85201Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 833-7440
- Southwest Kidney Central Mesa (Dva)4.38 miles away1134 E University Dr Ste 101 Mesa Arizona 85203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 464-3851
- Tempe Dialysis (Fmc)4.49 miles away1449 W Southern Ave Tempe Arizona 85282CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (480) 967-6360
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Tempe (Dva)4.83 miles away2149 E Warner Rd Ste 109 & Ste 110 Tempe Arizona 85284CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 730-3531
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)5.14 miles away1495 N Hayden Ste d1-d4 Scottsdale Arizona 85257Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 949-7844
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)5.63 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)5.63 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222