Friendship Village of Tempe is a large non-profit nursing home in Tempe, Arizona. We awarded this nursing home an A+ overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percent of all facilities in the United States. As far as we can see, this facility looks like a wonderful choice for just about anybody. Headlining this place's stellar report card is its inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Friendship Village of Tempe
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Tempe senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Tempe, Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Tempe, Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Tempe, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many elite grades, this nursing home was awarded a top-shelf short-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that area. Our short-term care ratings are important for people in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Friendship Village of Tempe?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is long-term care. Adding to its dominant resume, this nursing home also performed well in that area. In fact, we gave it a of A for the area. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The fourth area we analyzed was nursing, where this nursing home was given a grade of A. This wrapped up a very strong profile. Only a select few nursing homes earned an A- or better in all four categories. We analyzed the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses were with residents, in determining our grade in this category. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friendship Village of Tempe Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friendship Village of Tempe, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friendship Village of Tempe, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.57 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 9.4 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.08 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Southwest Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)1.2 miles away1457 W Southern Ave Ste 19 Mesa Arizona 85202Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 894-5411
- Red Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)3.63 miles away1211 N Country Club Dr Ste 4 Mesa Arizona 85201Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 833-7440
- Southwest Kidney Central Mesa (Dva)4.38 miles away1134 E University Dr Ste 101 Mesa Arizona 85203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 464-3851
- Tempe Dialysis (Fmc)4.49 miles away1449 W Southern Ave Tempe Arizona 85282CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (480) 967-6360
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Tempe (Dva)4.83 miles away2149 E Warner Rd Ste 109 & Ste 110 Tempe Arizona 85284CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 730-3531
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)5.14 miles away1495 N Hayden Ste d1-d4 Scottsdale Arizona 85257Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 949-7844
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)5.63 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)5.63 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222