Friendship Village of Dublin is a facility located in Dublin, Ohio, which has a population of 68,932 people. Sporting an overall grade of A, this is undoubtedly a world class facility. In fact, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the top 100 nursing homes in Ohio. This is an impressive accomplishment in a state with a long list of elite nursing homes. This place also received consistently good grades in each of our categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Friendship Village of Dublin
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing rating assesses several components, however, the main consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Ohio in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Friendship Village of Dublin?
This facility also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A-. Inspection scores are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final category, this nursing home received a highly favorable long-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in that category, topping off one of our more favorable profiles. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.26471 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friendship Village of Dublin Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often associated with lower quality nursing care. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who had a UTI. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 20% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is vital to patients health.
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Dublin, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Dublin, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.92 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 9.6 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC0.75 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Davita - Canal Winchester1.39 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest2.75 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863
- Davita - Dublin4.05 miles away6770 Perimeter Drive Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 798-8359
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.4.19 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis5.23 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Davita - Hilliard Station Dialysis6.64 miles away2447 Hilliard Rome Road Hilliard Ohio 43026Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 876-3610
- Fmc - Central Ohio7.1 miles away4661 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 840-0012