Friendship Village of Dublin is a facility located in Dublin, Ohio, which has a population of 68,932 people. Sporting an overall grade of A-, this is undoubtedly a high quality facility. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the United States. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Friendship Village of Dublin
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Dublin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Dublin, Ohio Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Dublin, Ohio Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Dublin, Ohio Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In our short-term care category, we attempt to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this facility excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Friendship Village of Dublin?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Nursing grades are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth area, this facility was awarded a decent long-term care rating. Although this isn't quite as elite as some of its other grades, this is really not the end of the world. For residents seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 97.76119 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is better than most nursing homes. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friendship Village of Dublin Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 4.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric could be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 2.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 6.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 7.46% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 98.88% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 4.3% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 6.64% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 0.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 6.64% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friendship Village of Dublin, 83.27% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.92 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 9.6 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC0.75 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Davita - Canal Winchester1.39 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest2.75 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863
- Davita - Dublin4.05 miles away6770 Perimeter Drive Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 798-8359
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.4.19 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis5.23 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Davita - Hilliard Station Dialysis6.64 miles away2447 Hilliard Rome Road Hilliard Ohio 43026Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 876-3610
- Fmc - Central Ohio7.1 miles away4661 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 840-0012