Friendship Village Health Center is in the large metropolitan area of Columbus, Ohio. Sporting an overall score of B+, we deemed this nursing home to be ranked among the ten best nursing homes in Columbus. An overall grade in this range is a good indication of a very solid facility. In spite of Columbus offering 36 nursing homes to select from, this facility jumped off the page as a first-rate selection. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Friendship Village Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this facility received nearly flawless government inspections. Consequently, it earned one of our best scores in that category with an A+. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received impressive grades in the area of short-term care as well. Consequently, we gave it one of our most favorable grades in that area with a area of A. With our short-term care rating, we attempt to craft a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 7.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Friendship Village Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable category came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B-. Our long-term care ratings are crucial for residents needing non-healthcare services such as personal care. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The next category we graded turned out to be this nursing home's poorest category. However, even in its worst category we still awarded it a respectable grade of C for our nursing category. Our nursing grade is based on numerous data points. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friendship Village Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Friendship Village Health Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Friendship Village Health Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Friendship Village Health Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Friendship Village Health Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Friendship Village Health Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Friendship Village Health Center, 20.26% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Friendship Village Health Center, 90.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Friendship Village Health Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some experts argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Friendship Village Health Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Friendship Village Health Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friendship Village Health Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friendship Village Health Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Columbus, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Columbus, Ohio has 35 other nursing homes
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 1.82 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 9.77 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 10.15 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 11.29 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Davita - Parkside Dialysis1.57 miles away241 W. Schrock Road Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 18 (614) 882-1734
- Kidney Center of Columbus North1.95 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Davita Minerva Park Dialysis2.25 miles away4401 Cleveland Avenue Columbus Ohio 43224Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 478-9604
- Fmc- Westerville Dialysis2.61 miles away477 Cooper Road Suite 140 Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 895-2705
- Fmc - Central Ohio2.91 miles away4661 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 840-0012
- Fresenius Medical Care New Albany LLC5.1 miles away991 E. Johnstown Rd. Columbus Ohio 43230Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 855-3677
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis5.44 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.5.76 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060