Located in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, Friendly Home The is one of four available nursing homes in this area. This facility received an A- overall, which is a high-end rating. In fact, this nursing home is one of the top 50 nursing homes in Rhode Island. Keep reading to see this facility's category scores, which are also impressive. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Friendly Home The
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this place also performed well in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Not many nursing homes performed better in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Unfortunately, it does not look like we were able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a very impressive long-term care grade. This actually is its second most impressive category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a score of A-. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.13295 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a life threatening illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Friendly Home The?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive short-term care score. Indeed, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this category. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
The last area we rated is nursing. This facility was given an impressive nursing grade in our assessment, with a B. Although this was not as impressive as some of its other category grades, this is nevertheless one of the stronger grades in this category. The nursing grade consists of many subcategories, however, the paramount one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Rhode Island in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friendly Home The Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Friendly Home The, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Friendly Home The, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who had falls which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Friendly Home The, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Friendly Home The, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Friendly Home The, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Friendly Home The, 2.96% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Friendly Home The, 94.59% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Friendly Home The, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Friendly Home The, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Friendly Home The, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Friendly Home The, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friendly Home The, 11.31 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friendly Home The, 77.51% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Woonsocket, RI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Woonsocket, Rhode Island has 3 other nursing homes
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.9 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.09 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.73 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.89 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 14.91 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket3.43 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island5.5 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley8.57 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Davita North Providence Renal Center10.65 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Nna - Pawtucket11.97 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket12.04 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Dialysis Center of Johnston12.51 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Nna of Providence12.84 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300