Located in Santa Ana, California, French Park Care Center is one of five nursing homes in the area. This is a well below average facility, with an overall grade of D. Keep in mind that Santa Ana received a city grade of B-, so should consider other options in the city as well. The best thing we can say about this nursing home is that it did not receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
French Park Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Santa Ana senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Even though we did not have many favorable things to say about this nursing home's overall score, it did receive a better long-term care grade of B-. Our long-term care ratings are more meaningful for patients in need of more conventional assistance related to personal care. After considering the volume of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an B-. Nursing grades are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This place provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about French Park Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third most favorable category we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a C. Short-term care grades are typically used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. In fact, it offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Looking to our final category of inspections, we gave this facility a score of just D, which is a relatively poor grade. Our inspection rating is based on the facility's inspections. Since this information is collected by government inspectors, we place significant weight on it in our overall grades. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. We would scrutinize the level of severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 17 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
French Park Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In French Park Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In French Park Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In French Park Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which have suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In French Park Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In French Park Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In French Park Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In French Park Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In French Park Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In French Park Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
In French Park Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In French Park Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In French Park Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In French Park Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Santa Ana, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Ana, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.26 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- St. Joseph Hospital Dialysis Center-Santa Ana1.38 miles away2212 E. 4th Street, Suite 101 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 571-7850
- Davita-Tustin Dialysis Center1.59 miles away2090 N. Tustin Avenue, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 835-2450
- Fmc-South Orange County1.61 miles away2020 E. First Street, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 972-1236
- Satellite Healthcare Orange1.76 miles away1518 W. La Veta Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 285-9675
- Davita-Tustin Ranch Dialysis1.88 miles away721 W 1st Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 544-0079
- Davita-Main Place Dialysis Center2.23 miles away146 South Main Street Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 938-0870
- St. Joseph Hospital Renal Center2.28 miles awaySr. Elizabeth Bldg. 1100 W. Stewart Drive Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (714) 771-8037
- Fmc-University Dialysis Center of Orange2.34 miles away1809 W. Chapman Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 634-3583