Fremont Healthcare Center is an average-sized facility located in Fremont, California. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our better grades. This grade is even better than the city grade of B+ in Fremont, which is also an impressive grade. If you scroll down, you can see this place's category ratings, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fremont Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
39022 Presidio Way,
Fremont CA 94538
89.3% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in nursing, where it earned an A. We weighed the licensure of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses spent with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving patients more frequently.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Fremont Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is short-term care. Contributing to its high-end profile, this facility also excelled in that category. In fact, we gave it a of A- for the category. Our short-term care grade is typically used to grade a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this facility was given a high-end long-term care rating. Although this isn't as good as some of its other grades, this is still one of the stronger scores a facility can receive. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fremont Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents which suffered from a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 5.83% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Fremont, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Fremont, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 0.94 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.08 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.27 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 12.59 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 13.2 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 14.34 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Fmc Fremont0.96 miles away39505 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 659-1240
- Wellbound of Menlo Park LLC1.02 miles away39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Suite 100 Fremont California 94538Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 953-7800
- Davita Fremont Dialysis1.09 miles away2599 Stevenson Blvd Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 796-4385
- Fmc Ardenwood1.59 miles away37478 Cedar Blvd Ste A Newark California 94560CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (510) 744-0790
- Union City Dialysis Center3.58 miles away32930 Alvarado-Niles Road #300 Union City California 94587CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (510) 489-6996
- Hayward6.69 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743
- Satellite Dialysis7.47 miles away1860 Milmont Drive Milpitas California 95035CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 935-0600
- Satellite Dialysis Menlo Park9.62 miles away1040 Hamilton Court Menlo Park California 94025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 384-4800