Fremont Healthcare Center is an average-sized facility located in Fremont, California. This facility was awarded an uninspiring overall grade of D, which is a relatively poor score. This place has very little working in its favor. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Fremont Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Fremont Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This grade is better than the place's overall grade. We would argue that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of B-. Nursing ratings are largely associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this nursing home got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it did well in this statistic. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Fremont Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a decent grade in the area of short-term care, where it received a B-. In determining our short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 5.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth category, this facility was given a B- in long-term care, which is generally a decent rating. In the area of long-term care, we look at the amount of services offered by a nursing home, as opposed to more medically-intensive services. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fremont Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fremont Healthcare Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fremont, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fremont, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 0.94 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.08 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.27 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 12.59 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 13.2 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 14.34 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Fmc Fremont0.96 miles away39505 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 659-1240
- Wellbound of Menlo Park LLC1.02 miles away39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Suite 100 Fremont California 94538Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 953-7800
- Davita Fremont Dialysis1.09 miles away2599 Stevenson Blvd Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 796-4385
- Fmc Ardenwood1.59 miles away37478 Cedar Blvd Ste A Newark California 94560CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (510) 744-0790
- Union City Dialysis Center3.58 miles away32930 Alvarado-Niles Road #300 Union City California 94587CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (510) 489-6996
- Hayward6.69 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743
- Satellite Dialysis7.47 miles away1860 Milmont Drive Milpitas California 95035CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 935-0600
- Satellite Dialysis Menlo Park9.62 miles away1040 Hamilton Court Menlo Park California 94025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 384-4800