Freedom Village Healthcare Center is one of just a couple nursing homes in Lake Forest, California. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating system takes superb scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top five percentile of all nursing homes in the nation. As you will find below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category grades. We gave it a straight A report card!
Freedom Village Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it earned an A+ in short-term care. This is as good as it gets in this area. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 7.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Nursing grades are mostly associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Freedom Village Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to alert you to the fact that this facility was awarded an elite grade of A in our long-term care area. For patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 92.47312 percent of its patients. This is somewhat less than we expected but still a decent figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Lastly, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless government inspection. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. With this impressive grade, this place is one of the few nursing homes in California to earn straight A's. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite insignificant. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Freedom Village Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that experienced falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Some experts argue that mobility is important for patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Memorialcare Saddleback Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.17 miles away24451 Health Center Drive Laguna Hills California 92653Voluntary non-profit - Private(949) 837-4500
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.51 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.86 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.87 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Davita-Saddleback Dialysis1.46 miles away23141 Plaza Pointe Drive Laguna Hills California 92653CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (949) 588-9211
- Satellite Healthcare Laguna Hills1.56 miles away25251 Paseo De Alicia, Suite 105 Laguna Hills California 92653CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (949) 420-5700
- Fmc-Mission Viejo1.85 miles away23681 via Linda, Suite E Mission Viejo California 92691CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (949) 587-0163
- Davita-Laguna Hills Dialysis2.27 miles away25332 Cabot Road Laguna Hills California 92653CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (949) 380-1925
- Davita-Mission Viejo Dialysis3 miles away27640 Marguerite Parkway Mission Viejo California 92692CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (949) 347-2433
- Fmc-Rai-Laguna Canyon-Irvine4.82 miles away16255 Laguna Canyon Road Irvine California 92618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (949) 727-4495
- Davita-San Juan Capistrano South Dialysis7.19 miles away31736 Rancho Viejo Road, Suite B San Juan Capistrano California 92675CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (949) 240-1454
- Davita-Newport Irvine Dialysis10.05 miles away4300 Von Karman Newport Beach California 92660Dialysis Stations: 17 (949) 863-1382