Freedom Village Healthcare Center is one of just a couple nursing homes in Lake Forest, California. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility. This facility received one of the most impressive scores we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top ten percent of all facilities in the country. As you will find below, this place performed equally well in our category scores. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Freedom Village Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lake Forest senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Lake Forest, California Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lake Forest, California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Lake Forest, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ short-term care grade. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Turning to inspections, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's government inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Freedom Village Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next category, this nursing home received first-rate long-term care grade. In fact, it received a score of A in that category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the final category, we gave this nursing home an A for our nursing score. This completed a first-rate profile. Our nursing rating weighs quite a few components, however, the primary one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning patients more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Freedom Village Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 10.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 1.09% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 1.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 10.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 4.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 100% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 6.85% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 7.92% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Some believe that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 7.92% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 19.05% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Freedom Village Healthcare Center, 94.34% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Memorialcare Saddleback Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.17 miles away24451 Health Center Drive Laguna Hills California 92653Voluntary non-profit - Private(949) 837-4500
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.51 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.86 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.87 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Davita-Saddleback Dialysis1.46 miles away23141 Plaza Pointe Drive Laguna Hills California 92653CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (949) 588-9211
- Satellite Healthcare Laguna Hills1.56 miles away25251 Paseo De Alicia, Suite 105 Laguna Hills California 92653CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (949) 420-5700
- Fmc-Mission Viejo1.85 miles away23681 via Linda, Suite E Mission Viejo California 92691CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (949) 587-0163
- Davita-Laguna Hills Dialysis2.27 miles away25332 Cabot Road Laguna Hills California 92653CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (949) 380-1925
- Davita-Mission Viejo Dialysis3 miles away27640 Marguerite Parkway Mission Viejo California 92692CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (949) 347-2433
- Fmc-Rai-Laguna Canyon-Irvine4.82 miles away16255 Laguna Canyon Road Irvine California 92618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (949) 727-4495
- Davita-San Juan Capistrano South Dialysis7.19 miles away31736 Rancho Viejo Road, Suite B San Juan Capistrano California 92675CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (949) 240-1454
- Davita-Newport Irvine Dialysis10.05 miles away4300 Von Karman Newport Beach California 92660Dialysis Stations: 17 (949) 863-1382