Freedom Square of Seminole is an average-sized nursing home located in Seminole, Florida. Featuring an overall score of A, this facility is ranked among the better facilities in Seminole. This truly is an impressive accomplishment since the city features some quality facilities. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this facility. Its scores are impeccable. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which are also strong. It would be hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Freedom Square of Seminole
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Aquatic Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Best Nursing Home in Seminole, Florida Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall score, this facility excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of A for that category. In forming these short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Not many nursing homes performed as well in this area. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A couple minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Freedom Square of Seminole?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Florida in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning residents even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this facility was given a very favorable grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility finished off a very impressive profile. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.545456 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a deadly condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Freedom Square of Seminole Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients who have had falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 94.94% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Some argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Seminole, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Seminole, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 10.46 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 10.46 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Lake Seminole Dialysis0.12 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180
- Seminole Dialysis Center0.78 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551
- Rai Care Centers - Largo2.97 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc3.61 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis5.13 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Fmc - Pinellas Park6.33 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater6.81 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies7.25 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913