Freedom Square of Seminole is an average-sized nursing home located in Seminole, Florida. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top quarter of all facilities in the nation. We can't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its ratings are impeccable. Scroll down to see this facility's category scores, which are also impressive. It is hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Freedom Square of Seminole
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Seminole senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Aquatic Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Seminole, Florida Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for our short-term care rating. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this facility an A-. There are quite a few subcategories included in this category. Many of the criteria are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Freedom Square of Seminole?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care, in which this facility received a B. Believe it or not, this turned out to be this facility's weakest category. A facility is doing something right when their worst grade still is better than most nursing homes. Facilities that excel in this category typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Freedom Square of Seminole Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which experienced falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 2.53% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 95.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Freedom Square of Seminole, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 10.46 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 10.46 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Lake Seminole Dialysis0.12 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180
- Seminole Dialysis Center0.78 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551
- Rai Care Centers - Largo2.97 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc3.61 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis5.13 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Fmc - Pinellas Park6.33 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater6.81 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies7.25 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913