Frederick Living - Cedarwood is a facility in Frederick, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 100 people. This facility made our top 500 list of the top nursing homes in the country. With more than 15,000 nursing homes in the country, this is an impressive list. You simply can not do any better than this facility. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Frederick Living - Cedarwood
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this area. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we gave this facility an A+. Our nursing score is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Frederick Living - Cedarwood?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ for its short-term care score. Our short-term care grades are considered to be more important for people needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this nursing home received a highly favorable long-term care grade. We gave it an A in this category, giving this facility straight A's. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After we finished assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Frederick Living - Cedarwood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 88.22% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
- Pottstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away1600 East High Street Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 327-7000
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.44 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.73 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 14.08 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.67 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.09 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Pottstown5.41 miles away2223 East High St. Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (610) 705-1895
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Limerick7.21 miles away420 West Linfield Trappe Road Building B, Suite 100 Royersford Pennsylvania 19468CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 495-0010
- u.s. Renal Care - Pottstown7.55 miles away5 South Sunnybrook Road, Suite 500 Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (610) 718-1127
- Davita North Wales Dialysis12.15 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis12.4 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.12.44 miles away785 Starr Street, Suite 116 Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 415-1019
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis13.47 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale13.84 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300