Frederick Living - Cedarwood is a small non-profit nursing home located in Frederick, Pennsylvania. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-rated facilities we assessed. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires top-notch performance across the board. Based on all of the relevant data, you can't go wrong with this place. Keep reading to see this facility's category ratings, which also impressed us. You really can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Frederick Living - Cedarwood
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2849 Big Road,
Frederick PA 19435
72.13% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A+ in this category. Our inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we assessed this nursing home so favorably is that it was awarded an A+ short-term care score. This is simply as strong as it gets in this area. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. This nursing home elevated its grade in this category by providing more care from registered nurses than the average facility. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. It performed as well as just about any nursing home in Pennsylvania in this area with 70.3 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Frederick Living - Cedarwood?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing grade analyzes several datapoints, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided 4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. Approximately one quarter of that care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. Both of these statistics beat out the national average. Finally, this place also excelled in the quality measures we assessed. For example, it fared as well as any nursing home Pennsylvania when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We view these metrics as predictive measures of the caliber of nursing care being provided.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of A-. This completed a very impressive profile. Few nursing homes earned an A- or better in in each area we assessed. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. After we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a life or death illness for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.39 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Frederick Living - Cedarwood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 7.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 3.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 89.35% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 23.88% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 23.88 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 8.79 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Frederick Living - Cedarwood, 72.17% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Pottstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away1600 East High Street Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 327-7000
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.44 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.73 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 14.08 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.67 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.09 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Pottstown5.41 miles away2223 East High St. Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (610) 705-1895
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Limerick7.21 miles away420 West Linfield Trappe Road Building B, Suite 100 Royersford Pennsylvania 19468CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 495-0010
- u.s. Renal Care - Pottstown7.55 miles away5 South Sunnybrook Road, Suite 500 Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (610) 718-1127
- Davita North Wales Dialysis12.15 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis12.4 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.12.44 miles away785 Starr Street, Suite 116 Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 415-1019
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis13.47 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale13.84 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300