Frasier Meadows Health Care Center is a small non-profit nursing home located in Boulder, Colorado. Sporting an overall rating of A+, we rated this facility as the number one facility in Boulder. An overall grade in this range is a reliable indication of a superb facility. This is just about as good of a place as you'll find. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category grades, which also impressed us. You just can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Frasier Meadows Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this nursing home earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Therefore, it earned one of our best grades in that area with an A+. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its top-shelf resume, this nursing home also received a superb short-term care score, with a grade of A. In forming these short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Frasier Meadows Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next category, we gave this facility a score of A for its long-term care score. This is a very impressive grade. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly health condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not take any chances. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final area we assessed was nursing, where this nursing home was given an A-. This finished off a very strong report card. Very few facilities received an A- or higher in all four categories. Our nursing score weighs a handful of data points, however, the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Frasier Meadows Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that sustained falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 3.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 85.7% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 1.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Boulder, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Boulder, Colorado has 3 other nursing homes
- Foothills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away4747 Arapahoe Avenue Boulder Colorado 80303Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 415-7000
- Centura Health-Avista Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.38 miles away100 Health Park Dr Louisville Colorado 80027Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 673-1280
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away200 Exempla Circle Lafayette Colorado 80026Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 689-4000
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- Longmont United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away1950 Mountain View Ave Longmont Colorado 80501Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 651-5111
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.96 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.38 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Boulder Dialysis (Dva)2.81 miles away2880 Folsom St Ste 110 Boulder Colorado 80304Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 440-5600
- Kidney Center of Frederick4.75 miles away5992 Iris Parkway Longmont Colorado 80504Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 833-1381
- Kidney Center of Lafayette (Ara)7.55 miles away2655 Crescent Dr Ste C Lafayette Colorado 80026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (720) 890-4661
- Kidney Center of Longmont (Ara)11.53 miles away1960 Ken Pratt Blvd Ste A Longmont Colorado 80501Dialysis Stations: 20 (303) 485-7100
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)12.5 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)13.04 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- North Metro Denver Dialysis (Dva)13.46 miles away12365 Huron St Ste 500 Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 451-9093
- Longmont Dialysis (Dva)13.76 miles away1715 Iron Horse Dr Ste 170 Longmont Colorado 80501Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 485-4084