Frasier Meadows Health Care Center is a small non-profit nursing home located in Boulder, Colorado. With an A overall grade, we rated this facility in the top fifth of all facilities in the nation. This is just about as good of a facility as you're going to find. Scroll down to find this facility's category scores, which also impressed us. You just can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Frasier Meadows Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Boulder senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Boulder, Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Boulder, Colorado Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Boulder, Colorado Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it earned an A. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Colorado in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient at least once a day.
In addition, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A-. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Frasier Meadows Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a very strong long-term care score. This actually is its third most impressive category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 71.710526 percent of its patients. This is slightly below what we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last area, this nursing home also was awarded an excellent short-term care grade, with an A-. This topped off an elusive straight A profile. In crafting these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Frasier Meadows Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents that experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 3.91% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 84.62% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Frasier Meadows Health Care Center, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Foothills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away4747 Arapahoe Avenue Boulder Colorado 80303Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 415-7000
- Centura Health-Avista Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.38 miles away100 Health Park Dr Louisville Colorado 80027Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 673-1280
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away200 Exempla Circle Lafayette Colorado 80026Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 689-4000
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- Longmont United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away1950 Mountain View Ave Longmont Colorado 80501Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 651-5111
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.96 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.38 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Boulder Dialysis (Dva)2.81 miles away2880 Folsom St Ste 110 Boulder Colorado 80304Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 440-5600
- Kidney Center of Frederick4.75 miles away5992 Iris Parkway Longmont Colorado 80504Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 833-1381
- Kidney Center of Lafayette (Ara)7.55 miles away2655 Crescent Dr Ste C Lafayette Colorado 80026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (720) 890-4661
- Kidney Center of Longmont (Ara)11.53 miles away1960 Ken Pratt Blvd Ste A Longmont Colorado 80501Dialysis Stations: 20 (303) 485-7100
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)12.5 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)13.04 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- North Metro Denver Dialysis (Dva)13.46 miles away12365 Huron St Ste 500 Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 451-9093
- Longmont Dialysis (Dva)13.76 miles away1715 Iron Horse Dr Ste 170 Longmont Colorado 80501Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 485-4084