Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center is in Franklin, Ohio, a city with a population of 29,963 people. With an overall rating of B, this facility is a fine option. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Franklin. This facility is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Franklin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this place especially excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A. Not many nursing homes performed better in that category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it received a score of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B in this area. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more meaningful for patients in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Our last area is nursing, in which we awarded this facility a C in that area. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 21.39% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 88.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franklin Ridge Healthcare Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.23 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.64 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.78 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 19.42 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.54 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Davita - Dialysis Centers of Warren County1.51 miles away90 Commercial Way Springboro Ohio 45066Dialysis Stations: 10 (937) 704-0589
- Davita - Butler County Dialysis4.66 miles away3497 South Dixie Hwy Franklin Ohio 45005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 422-1467
- Davita - Atrium4.93 miles away4421 Roosevelt Blvd Ste D Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 422-6879
- Davita - Butler County Home Training Dialysis5.53 miles away7335 Yankee Rd. Suite 101a Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 2 (513) 755-2524
- Davita - Miamisburg Dialysis6.07 miles away290 Alexandersville Dialysis Miamisburg Ohio 45342Dialysis Stations: 1 (937) 865-0633
- Fkc- Centerville Home7.76 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive Dayton Ohio 45459Dialysis Stations: 1 (614) 746-4623
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis-South,Inc7.79 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive, Suite 100 Dayton Ohio 45459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (937) 438-9595
- Davita - Lebanon Dialysis9.41 miles away918 B Columbus Avenue Lebanon Ohio 45036Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 934-0272