Franklin Plaza Extended Care is a large nursing home in Cleveland, Ohio. With an overall score of B-, this is likely a decent nursing home. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly far worse facilities out there. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home received consistently decent grades in each of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Franklin Plaza Extended Care
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of having a decent overall score, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home earned favorable inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better grades in this category, with a B+. This is a notably better grade than the nursing home's overall score. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's better category scores came in the category of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Franklin Plaza Extended Care?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. Our nursing grade focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, this facility was given a grade of C in long-term care, which is generally an acceptable grade. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the vaccine to 99.411766 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable statistic. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franklin Plaza Extended Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents who experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 20.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 12 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franklin Plaza Extended Care, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 1.84 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.1 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 5.65 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Davita - Detroit Road Dialysis1.4 miles away7901 Detroit Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44102Dialysis Stations: 23 (216) 961-6498
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis1.62 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Community Dialysis Center1.69 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis2.16 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis3.9 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis4.19 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Comunity Dialysis Center4.42 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis4.88 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585