Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation is a large nursing home located in El Paso, Texas. This isn't a high quality nursing home with a D overall grade. Sadly, this grade is right in line with the city grade in El Paso. This facility seems to have very little working in its favor. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection rating. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
223 S Resler,
El Paso TX 79912
68.1% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this nursing home's overall grade, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is generally best to avoid nursing homes that have too many deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The second most favorable area we gave this facility in any area came in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of C. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care. This facility's was given an abysmal short-term care score where it received an F. In determining our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is often a solid measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. With its poor score in this category, we were not stunned to learn this facility provided far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
The next category we scored is nursing, in which this nursing home received a bottom of the barrel score here as well. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this category, which is definitely very concerning. There are a number of factors within this category. Many of these subcategories reflect nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term residents which are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation, 4.84% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation, 93.69% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franklin Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for El Paso, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? El Paso, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- The Hospitals of Providence Memorial CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.23 miles away2001 N Oregon St El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 577-6011
- Las Palmas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away1801 North Oregon Street El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 521-1200
- William Beaumont Amg (Ft Bliss)Acute Care - Department of Defense 5.37 miles away5005 N. Piedras St. El Paso Texas 79920Department of Defense(915) 742-2121
- Sierra Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away1625 Medical Center Dr El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 747-4000
- University Medical Center of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away4815 Alameda Ave El Paso Texas 79905Government - Hospital District or Authority(915) 521-7602
- El Paso Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 8.04 miles away4615 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Government - State(915) 532-2202
- El Paso Children's HospitalChildrens 8.15 miles away4845 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Voluntary non-profit - Private(915) 521-7148
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 16.27 miles away1416 George Dieter El Paso Texas 79936Proprietary(915) 598-4240
- Upper Valley Dialysis0.37 miles away7933 N Mesa Suite H El Paso Texas 79932CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (915) 832-0555
- Us Renal Care West El Paso Dialysis2.77 miles away3100 N Stanton El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 16 (915) 532-7007
- Mission Hills Dialysis2.78 miles away2700 North Stanton El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 351-0722
- Fkc - El Paso West3.77 miles away1430 Northwestern Drive El Paso Texas 79912Dialysis Stations: 13 (915) 584-5400
- El Paso Health, LLC4.93 miles away2400 N Oregon St Ste C El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 17 (915) 533-8575
- Central City Dialysis5.37 miles away1310 Murchison Drive Suite 200 El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (915) 533-0011
- Fresenius Medical Care Cliffview5.38 miles away1225 E Cliff Drive Suite 1-A El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 532-6411
- Davita Mesa Vista Dialysis5.43 miles away1211 East Cliff Drive Suite C El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (915) 533-8147