Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Franklin, Massachusetts. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires quality scores in most areas. At the end of the day, this nursing home is a good fit for most people. This place also received consistently good ratings in all of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Franklin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall score, this nursing home earned even higher grades in the area of long-term care. In fact, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A-. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 80 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive short-term care score. Indeed, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this area. In our short-term care score, we endeavor to forge a meaningful measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center?
In addition, this facility earned a very good government inspection report this year as well. It earned one of our better grades in that category with a B. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. This particular nursing home received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The last category we graded is nursing, where this nursing home received a grade of B. This facility ended up being relatively strong in each area we assessed. Nursing scores are mostly based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Massachusetts in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning patients more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 4.65% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have experienced a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 25.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 29.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.5% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 89.11% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.29% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.55% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.55% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.62% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedarwood Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center, 62.47% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.22 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 12.01 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 15.6 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.17 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis5.21 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket6.45 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley7.43 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Attleboro Dialysis Center10.84 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island11.29 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC11.47 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)13.75 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket14.29 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313