Franke Health Care Center is one of four facilities located in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of our better ratings. This nursing home turned out to be one of the better facilities in the city, which boasts a good selection of nursing homes. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Franke Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1885 Rifle Range Road,
Mount Pleasant SC 29464
81.13% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place ended up being a quality nursing home is that it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was awarded a superb grade of A in our long-term care area. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Franke Health Care Center?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing score is mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last category, this nursing home was awarded a respectable short-term care grade. While this is not quite as impressive as a few of its other grades, this is still not a poor grade. Short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franke Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franke Health Care Center, 9.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franke Health Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franke Health Care Center, 3.18% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franke Health Care Center, 15.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franke Health Care Center, 19.68% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franke Health Care Center, 2.85% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franke Health Care Center, 88.92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franke Health Care Center, 14.02% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franke Health Care Center, 20.24% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Franke Health Care Center, 1.69 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franke Health Care Center, 20.24 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franke Health Care Center, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franke Health Care Center, 73.11% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Mount Pleasant, SC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Mount Pleasant, South Carolina has 3 other nursing homes
- East Cooper Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.64 miles away2000 Hospital Dr Mount Pleasant South Carolina 29464Proprietary(843) 881-0100
- Mount Pleasant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away3510 Highway 17 North Suite 140 Mount Pleasant South Carolina 29466Voluntary non-profit - Private(843) 724-2954
- Musc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away169 Ashley Ave Charleston South Carolina 29425Government - State(843) 792-2300
- Roper HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away316 Calhoun St Charleston South Carolina 29401Voluntary non-profit - Private(843) 724-2800
- Bon Secours-St Francis Xavier HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.87 miles away2095 Henry Tecklenburg Drive Charleston South Carolina 29414Voluntary non-profit - Private(843) 402-1006
- Trident Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.72 miles away9330 Medical Plaza Dr Charleston South Carolina 29406Proprietary(843) 847-4100
- Mt Pleasant Dialysis Center1.78 miles away1028 E-Wall Street Building a3 Mount Pleasant South Carolina 29464Dialysis Stations: 16 (843) 884-3115
- Fresenius Medical Care Charleston County1.85 miles away901 Von Kolnitz Rd Mount Pleasant South Carolina 29464Dialysis Stations: 10 (843) 881-4842
- Dci East Cooper2.8 miles away1088 Johnnie Dodds Blvd Mount Pleasant South Carolina 29464Dialysis Stations: 16 (843) 881-8344
- Dci Magnolia Court7.56 miles away1427 King Street Charleston South Carolina 29403Dialysis Stations: 17 (843) 853-3399
- Dci James Island10.83 miles away959 Folly Road Charleston South Carolina 29412Dialysis Stations: 16 (843) 795-8386
- Dci West Ashley11.15 miles away46 B Markfield Road Charleston South Carolina 29407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (843) 766-2317
- Faber Place Dialysis11.7 miles away3801 Faber Place Drive North Charleston South Carolina 29405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (843) 377-1566
- Pointe Dialysis, LLC11.8 miles away1964 Ashley River Road Suite D-3 Charleston South Carolina 29407Dialysis Stations: 20 (843) 852-3537