Franciscan Village is located in Lemont, Illinois. This city has 22,919 people. This is a very good nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lemont senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lemont, Illinois Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home excelled in our short-term care rating, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is more often than not a reliable measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing score is primarily associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Franciscan Village?
Moving on to another of this nursing home's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection rating. This proved to be one of its best grades. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite minor. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is long-term care. We awarded this facility a decent grade in this category, with a grade of C. Even though this isn't on par with some of its other grades, it is nevertheless not a poor grade. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinated 97.003746 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franciscan Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franciscan Village, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franciscan Village, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who have sustained a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franciscan Village, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients who had urinary tract infections. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franciscan Village, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franciscan Village, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franciscan Village, 31.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franciscan Village, 87.05% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franciscan Village, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franciscan Village, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Franciscan Village, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franciscan Village, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franciscan Village, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franciscan Village, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.83 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.68 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.7 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Fmc - Lemont2.63 miles away16177 W 127th Street Lemont Illinois 60439Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 243-0393
- Usrc - Bolingbrook5.3 miles away396 Remington Blvd., Suite 100 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 759-1943
- Fmc - Bolingbrook Dialysis5.76 miles away329 Remington Blvd, Ste 110 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 759-1395
- Fkc - Woodridge5.88 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Davita - Woodridge at Home6.06 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fmc - Willowbrook6.52 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Davita - Palos Park Dialysis7.63 miles away13155 S. Lagrange Road Orland Park Illinois 60462Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 923-0928
- Usrc - Hickory Hills Dialysis8.36 miles away9640 S. Roberts Road Suite B-3a Hickory Hills Illinois 60457Dialysis Stations: 13 (708) 459-9598