Franciscan Village is located in Lemont, Illinois. This city has 22,919 people. This is a very good nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its nursing rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lemont, Illinois Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A. The nursing grade features a variety of factors. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to this facility's list of strengths, it also was awarded a superb short-term care score. We awarded them a dominant grade of A in this area. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Franciscan Village?
Moving on to another of this facility's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection score. In fact, inspections proved to be one of its best category grades. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of B+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was nursing, was this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this nursing home a D in that category. This is one of the few weak points in a quality report card. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities provide. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 93.385216 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be somewhat less than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franciscan Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franciscan Village, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franciscan Village, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often linked to lower quality nursing care. More supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franciscan Village, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franciscan Village, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franciscan Village, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franciscan Village, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franciscan Village, 87.4% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franciscan Village, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franciscan Village, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
In Franciscan Village, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franciscan Village, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franciscan Village, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franciscan Village, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.83 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.68 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.7 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Fmc - Lemont2.63 miles away16177 W 127th Street Lemont Illinois 60439Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 243-0393
- Usrc - Bolingbrook5.3 miles away396 Remington Blvd., Suite 100 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 759-1943
- Fmc - Bolingbrook Dialysis5.76 miles away329 Remington Blvd, Ste 110 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 759-1395
- Fkc - Woodridge5.88 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Davita - Woodridge at Home6.06 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fmc - Willowbrook6.52 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Davita - Palos Park Dialysis7.63 miles away13155 S. Lagrange Road Orland Park Illinois 60462Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 923-0928
- Usrc - Hickory Hills Dialysis8.36 miles away9640 S. Roberts Road Suite B-3a Hickory Hills Illinois 60457Dialysis Stations: 13 (708) 459-9598