With an address in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, Franciscan Villa is one of six available facilities in the city. We gave this nursing home an impressive overall score of A-. With a score of this caliber, it proved to be a better option than the vast majority of the nursing homes in Broken Arrow. Based on our analysis, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in Oklahoma Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great facility overall, it also received A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually flawless. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another reason we rated this facility so favorably is that it was awarded an A+ long-term care grade. This is flat out as elite as it gets in this category. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.01961 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Franciscan Villa?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Our nursing score analyzes the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving residents more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was short-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B-. This actually turned out to be this facility's weakest area. This is nevertheless not a terrible score. With our short-term care rating, we try to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franciscan Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franciscan Villa, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franciscan Villa, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franciscan Villa, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients who suffered from UTI's. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franciscan Villa, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franciscan Villa, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franciscan Villa, 3.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franciscan Villa, 92.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franciscan Villa, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franciscan Villa, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Franciscan Villa, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franciscan Villa, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franciscan Villa, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franciscan Villa, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Broken Arrow, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Broken Arrow, Oklahoma has 5 other nursing homes
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 6.77 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Davita - Broken Arrow1.51 miles away1710 N 9th St Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 355-0657
- Fmcna - East Tulsa3.64 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Davita - Berkshire at Home3.84 miles away4800 W San Antonio St Ste 201 Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 11 (918) 249-9716
- Davita - Southcrest4.82 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis5.14 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis6.83 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis7.54 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis8.72 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571