With an address in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, Franciscan Villa is one of a mere three nursing homes in the city. Featuring an overall grade of B, this facility is a quality choice. Based on our assessment, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of most people. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is long-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Broken Arrow senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Oklahoma Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home also earned an elite long-term care grade. We awarded them one of our higher grades in that area, with an A+. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 90.39301 percent of its patients, which is somewhat lower than we were hoping for. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we gave this facility a grade of A for inspections. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category tend to have very few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Franciscan Villa?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we graded is short-term care. In this category, where we gave this nursing home a D, which isn't as strong as its other category scores. Our short-term care grades are believed to be most important for folks requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. We found that this place was subpar in many staffing areas we focus on. The facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics sunk this facility's short-term care grade.
The last area we looked at is nursing. We awarded this facility a grade of D in nursing, making this the nursing home's least impressive area. Our nursing grade weighs several components, however, the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This place offered a meager 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franciscan Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franciscan Villa, 10.43% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franciscan Villa, 4.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franciscan Villa, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have experienced urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franciscan Villa, 3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franciscan Villa, 13.97% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franciscan Villa, 0% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franciscan Villa, 94.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franciscan Villa, 25.42% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franciscan Villa, 25.29% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
In Franciscan Villa, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franciscan Villa, 25.29% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franciscan Villa, 20.34% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franciscan Villa, 70.37% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 6.77 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Davita - Broken Arrow1.51 miles away1710 N 9th St Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 355-0657
- Fmcna - East Tulsa3.64 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Davita - Berkshire at Home3.84 miles away4800 W San Antonio St Ste 201 Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 11 (918) 249-9716
- Davita - Southcrest4.82 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis5.14 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis6.83 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis7.54 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis8.72 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571