With an address in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, Franciscan Villa is one of six available facilities in the city. We gave this nursing home an impressive overall score of A. With a score of this caliber, it proved to be a better option than the vast majority of the nursing homes in Broken Arrow. Based on our analysis, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this nursing home received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that area with an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a score of A+ for its long-term care grade. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.514854 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Franciscan Villa?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. When computing our nursing scores, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth category we graded is short-term care, where this facility was awarded a B+. This wrapped up a very favorable profile. Only a select few facilities earned a B+ or higher in each of our categories. Short-term care grades are typically employed to measure a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franciscan Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franciscan Villa, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franciscan Villa, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franciscan Villa, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franciscan Villa, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used to treat several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franciscan Villa, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franciscan Villa, 3.83% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients showing signs of depression. Some believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franciscan Villa, 92.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franciscan Villa, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franciscan Villa, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Franciscan Villa, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franciscan Villa, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franciscan Villa, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franciscan Villa, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Broken Arrow, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Broken Arrow, Oklahoma has 5 other nursing homes
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 6.77 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Davita - Broken Arrow1.51 miles away1710 N 9th St Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 355-0657
- Fmcna - East Tulsa3.64 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Davita - Berkshire at Home3.84 miles away4800 W San Antonio St Ste 201 Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 11 (918) 249-9716
- Davita - Southcrest4.82 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis5.14 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis6.83 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis7.54 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis8.72 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571