Foxwood Springs Living Center is a nursing home located in Raymore, Missouri, a city with a total of 20,995 people. This facility is one of the highest-rated facilities we assessed. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate marks across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top five percentile of all nursing homes in the country. Lastly, this facility had an ownership change in the last year, so we will need to make sure it keeps up its high scores under new ownership.
Foxwood Springs Living Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Foxwood Springs Living Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Foxwood Springs Living Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was short-term care. Contributing to its top-shelf resume, this facility also excelled in this area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A for that category. Our short-term care scores are presumably more meaningful for individuals requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The final area we analyzed was nursing, where this nursing home was given a grade of A. This finished off a very favorable profile. Few nursing homes received an A- or higher in in each area we assessed. Nursing grades are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Missouri in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Foxwood Springs Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that suffered from a UTI. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 4.11% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 88.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Foxwood Springs Living Center, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Cass Regional Medical CenterCritical Access Hospitals 11.76 miles away2800 E Rock Haven Road Harrisonville Missouri 64701Government - Local(816) 380-5888
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 12.19 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.06 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Belton1.25 miles away17045 S 71 Hwy Belton Missouri 64012Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 322-4034
- Grandview Dialysis4.94 miles away13812 S 71 Hwy Grandview Missouri 64030Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 763-1179
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit8.53 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711
- Timberlake Dialysis8.77 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Lee's Summit Dialysis9.99 miles away1831 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-1950
- Isd - Lee's Summit Renal Center10.63 miles away100 Ne Missouri Rd Suite 100 Lees Summit Missouri 64086CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (816) 524-3312
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis10.68 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph10.7 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595