Foxwood Springs Senior Living is a nursing home located in Raymore, Missouri, a city with a total of 20,995 people. This facility is one of the highest-rated facilities we assessed. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate marks across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top five percentile of all nursing homes in the country. Scroll down to find this place's category grades, which also impressed us. You just can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Foxwood Springs Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1500 West Foxwood Drive,
Raymore MO 64083
72.12% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Raymore, Missouri Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Raymore, Missouri Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Raymore, Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ long-term care grade. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This nursing home also received an A+ inspection score, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+'s in our categories. This score is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the biggest complements we can pay to a facility. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Foxwood Springs Senior Living?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We weighed the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses were with residents, in determining our grade in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a resident more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this nursing home also performed admirably in the short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- for this category. This rounded out a straight A report card. With our short-term care assessment, we seek to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Foxwood Springs Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 4.19% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Foxwood Springs Senior Living, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Cass Regional Medical CenterCritical Access Hospitals 11.76 miles away2800 E Rock Haven Road Harrisonville Missouri 64701Government - Local(816) 380-5888
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 12.19 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.06 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Belton1.25 miles away17045 S 71 Hwy Belton Missouri 64012Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 322-4034
- Grandview Dialysis4.94 miles away13812 S 71 Hwy Grandview Missouri 64030Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 763-1179
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit8.53 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711
- Timberlake Dialysis8.77 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Lee's Summit Dialysis9.99 miles away1831 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-1950
- Isd - Lee's Summit Renal Center10.63 miles away100 Ne Missouri Rd Suite 100 Lees Summit Missouri 64086CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (816) 524-3312
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis10.68 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph10.7 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595