Fox Subacute at Clara Burke is a small facility in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. This nursing home is a subpar facility. A score of this caliber suggests we found some red flags. Based on our assessment, we would struggle to recommend this facility. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Fox Subacute at Clara Burke
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home really excelled in nursing, where it earned an D. Nursing scores are largely associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Fox Subacute at Clara Burke?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its long-term care grade. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. We were disappointed to learn that this nursing home vaccinated only 88.46154 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth area, this facility really did not perform very well here either. With a bottom of the barrel grade of F in short-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. Our short-term care ratings are probably more important for residents requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. With its weak grade in this area, we weren't stunned to discover that this facility provides substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 2.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics sunk this facility's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fox Subacute at Clara Burke Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 3.23% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 88.5% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 5.71 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall2.53 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton3.82 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy4.18 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Total Renal Care, Inc.4.58 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East4.67 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis5.33 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis5.67 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Olney6.34 miles away2154-58 Stenton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 548-3704