Fox Subacute at Clara Burke is a small facility in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road rating. This facility seems to have some things going for it. The best part of this place's report card is its exemplary inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fox Subacute at Clara Burke
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Fox Subacute at Clara Burke has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Plymouth Meeting senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent health inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more impressive category grades came in the category of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B. It actually performed better than most facilities in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are well cared for. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 72.72727 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is slightly less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Fox Subacute at Clara Burke?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of D. In determining our nursing scores, we factor in both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was short-term care, which was this nursing home's worst area. Unfortunately, we gave it an F in this category, which is obviously a major disappointment. In calculating our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is considered to be a meaningful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. Given its abysmal score in this area, we weren't stunned to discover that this facility provides significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most facilities, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fox Subacute at Clara Burke Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 18.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 4.37% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents which have had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of poor nursing care. However, this metric may also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 15.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 42.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 0.55% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients showing signs of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 85.06% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 23.53% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
In Fox Subacute at Clara Burke, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 5.71 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall2.53 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton3.82 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy4.18 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Total Renal Care, Inc.4.58 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East4.67 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis5.33 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis5.67 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Olney6.34 miles away2154-58 Stenton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 548-3704