Fox Run Village is a small non-profit nursing home in Novi, Michigan. With an overall grade of A, this nursing home is among the most elite nursing homes we found. At the end of the day, this nursing home ought to be a wonderful choice for just about anybody. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar profile is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fox Run Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Novi senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care scores are important for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A+. Our nursing rating is based on many factors. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Fox Run Village?
This nursing home has had near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A in this area. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth area, this facility received an acceptable long-term care grade. Even though this was not quite as elite as some of its other scores, this is really not the end of the world. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 97.61905 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fox Run Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fox Run Village, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fox Run Village, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fox Run Village, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fox Run Village, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fox Run Village, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fox Run Village, 3.38% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fox Run Village, 91.02% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fox Run Village, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fox Run Village, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fox Run Village, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.44 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 11.66 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 12.15 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.24 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 13.4 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.45 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis1.38 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita3.85 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc4.39 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita5.56 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia5.65 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis6.31 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Fmc - Botsford Park6.39 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC7.61 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777