Fox Run at Orchard Park is one of just a couple nursing homes located in Orchard Park, New York. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top five percent of all nursing homes in the United States. Based on the data we reviewed, you can't go wrong with this place. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Fox Run at Orchard Park
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
One Fox Run Lane,
Orchard Park NY 14127
72% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Orchard Park, New York Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this facility has received near flawless health inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Nursing ratings are mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home New York in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Fox Run at Orchard Park?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is short-term care. Adding to its dominant profile, this facility also excelled in that area. In fact, we gave it a of A in the category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for its long-term care score. This finished off a first-rate profile. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 65.51724 percent of its residents, which is slightly below what we anticipated. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fox Run at Orchard Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 13.2% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 91.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Western Ny Childrens Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 4.61 miles away1010 East & West Road Buffalo New York 14224Government - State(716) 677-7000
- Mercy Hospital of BuffaloAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away565 Abbott Road Buffalo New York 14220Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 826-7000
- Kaleida HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.52 miles away100 High Street Buffalo New York 14210Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 859-8620
- Erie County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away462 Grider Street Buffalo New York 14215Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 898-3936
- Sisters of Charity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away2157 Main Street Buffalo New York 14214Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 862-1000
- Kenmore Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.78 miles away2950 Elmwood Avenue Buffalo New York 14217Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 447-6100
- Bertrand Chaffee HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away224 East Main Street Springville New York 14141Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 592-2871
- Davita Orchard Park Dialysis1.23 miles away3801 Taylor Road Orchard Park New York 14127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 209-7200
- Davita Southtowns Dialysis4.24 miles away4910 Camp Road, Suite 100 Hamburg New York 14075CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (716) 649-4072
- Davita Renal Care of Buffalo4.89 miles away550 Orchard Park Road Buffalo New York 14224CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 677-0089
- Oishei Children's Hospital of Buffalo8.75 miles awayHemodialysis Unit 818 Ellicott Street Buffalo New York 14203Dialysis Stations: 4 (716) 323-1765
- Us Renal Care Cheektowaga Dialysis8.96 miles away2875 Union Road, Suite 13 C/D Buffalo New York 14227CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 684-0276
- Us Renal Care West Cheektowaga9.99 miles away2861 Harlem Road Buffalo New York 14225CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (716) 891-7429
- Davita Buffalo Downtown Dialysis10.16 miles away520 Ellicott St Suite 100 Buffalo New York 14203Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 845-5101
- Erie County Medical Center11.61 miles away462 Grider Street Dialysis Unit Buffalo New York 14215Dialysis Stations: 36 (716) 898-1400