Fox Run at Orchard Park is the sole nursing home we identified in Orchard Park, New York. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top five percent of all nursing homes in the United States. Based on the data we reviewed, you can't go wrong with this place. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fox Run at Orchard Park
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Orchard Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Orchard Park, New York Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this facility has received near flawless health inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Nursing ratings are mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home New York in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Fox Run at Orchard Park?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is long-term care. Adding to its dominant profile, this facility also excelled in that area. In fact, we gave it a of A in the category. For patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 71.856285 percent of its residents. This is a few points below what we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we graded, this nursing home was given a very favorable grade of A in our short-term care category. With this score, the nursing home wrapped up a straight A report card. In forming these short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fox Run at Orchard Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 5.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 1.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 4.85% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 12.57% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 14.94% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 0.65% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 85.93% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 23.29% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 21.1% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 21.1% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fox Run at Orchard Park, 93.23% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Western Ny Childrens Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 4.61 miles away1010 East & West Road Buffalo New York 14224Government - State(716) 677-7000
- Mercy Hospital of BuffaloAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away565 Abbott Road Buffalo New York 14220Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 826-7000
- Kaleida HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.52 miles away100 High Street Buffalo New York 14210Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 859-8620
- Erie County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away462 Grider Street Buffalo New York 14215Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 898-3936
- Sisters of Charity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away2157 Main Street Buffalo New York 14214Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 862-1000
- Kenmore Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.78 miles away2950 Elmwood Avenue Buffalo New York 14217Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 447-6100
- Bertrand Chaffee HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away224 East Main Street Springville New York 14141Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 592-2871
- Davita Orchard Park Dialysis1.23 miles away3801 Taylor Road Orchard Park New York 14127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 209-7200
- Davita Southtowns Dialysis4.24 miles away4910 Camp Road, Suite 100 Hamburg New York 14075CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (716) 649-4072
- Davita Renal Care of Buffalo4.89 miles away550 Orchard Park Road Buffalo New York 14224CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 677-0089
- Oishei Children's Hospital of Buffalo8.75 miles awayHemodialysis Unit 818 Ellicott Street Buffalo New York 14203Dialysis Stations: 4 (716) 323-1765
- Us Renal Care Cheektowaga Dialysis8.96 miles away2875 Union Road, Suite 13 C/D Buffalo New York 14227CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 684-0276
- Us Renal Care West Cheektowaga9.99 miles away2861 Harlem Road Buffalo New York 14225CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (716) 891-7429
- Davita Buffalo Downtown Dialysis10.16 miles away520 Ellicott St Suite 100 Buffalo New York 14203Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 845-5101
- Erie County Medical Center11.61 miles away462 Grider Street Dialysis Unit Buffalo New York 14215Dialysis Stations: 36 (716) 898-1400