Fulton Center for Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home located in Atlanta, Georgia. This nursing home received an overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 12 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fulton Center for Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Atlanta senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to draw your attention to its nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Our inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest category was short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. With our short-term care assessment, we seek to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The key is determining what effect this had on quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Fulton Center for Rehabilitation?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Our nursing score is primarily associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel score in this area also. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this category, which is obviously somewhat alarming. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 95.71865 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fulton Center for Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 12.81% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 3.06% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term residents that had falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 2.25% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term patients who sustained a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 13.52% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 0.74% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 96.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 25.18% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 19.9% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is critical to residents' health.
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 19.9% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 8.25% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fulton Center for Rehabilitation, 75.6% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Atlanta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Atlanta, Georgia has 11 other nursing homes
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 6.68 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 9.85 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.16 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- South Fulton Dialysis0.5 miles away2685 Metropolitan Parkway Sw Suite F Atlanta Georgia 30315CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 761-2630
- Trinity Dialysis Clinic0.98 miles away1354 Cleveland Avenue Atlanta Georgia 30344Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 763-0405
- Hapeville Dialysis Center1.18 miles away800 Virginia Ave Ste 100 Atlanta Georgia 30354Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 762-9333
- East Point Dialysis1.54 miles away2669 Church Street Atlanta Georgia 30344CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (404) 765-1780
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. - Camp Creek3.73 miles away3492 Washington Road Atlanta Georgia 30344Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 701-2713
- Emory Dialysis LLC4.38 miles away2841 Greenbriar Pkwy Sw Suite x126 Atlanta Georgia 30331CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (404) 778-1001
- South Fulton Dialysis Center4.54 miles away3268 Greenbriar Pkwy, Sw Atlanta Georgia 30331Dialysis Stations: 19 (404) 997-6700
- Total Renal Care Inc4.59 miles away540 Central Avenue Atlanta Georgia 30312Dialysis Stations: 19 (404) 581-9314