Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Jacksonville, Florida. We gave this nursing home a C overall, which isn't a bad score. This is comparable with the city grade in Jacksonville, which is a B-. This facility has a few things going for it. The best part of this facility's report card is is its nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Jacksonville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this nursing home's nursing grade exceeded its overall grade. This facility earned a B in this category, which is one of our better grades. We looked at the licensure of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses spent with residents, in calculating our grade in this category. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Florida in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning patients at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area ended up being its short-term care score, where it received a grade of B-. With our short-term care grade, we seek to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. We found that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. It provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center?
This facility earned a solid inspection report this year as well, with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it earned one of our better grades in that category with a score of B-. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care. For this category, we gave this facility a C. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated 87.27273 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be significantly less than what we expected. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 0.63% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 2.88% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 13.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 0.41% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 87.39% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 14.92% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 18.36% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 18.36% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 10.19% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fouraker Hills Rehab and Nursing Center, 87.76% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.31 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 7.98 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Ascension St Vincent's Clay CountyAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away1670 St Vincents Way Middleburg Florida 32068Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 602-1000
- Normandy Village Dialysis Center0.49 miles away1584 Normandy Village Pkwy #29 Jacksonville Florida 32221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (904) 781-7272
- Jacksonville Westside Dialysis3.57 miles away5276 Blanding Blvd Suite 26 Jacksonville Florida 32210Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 573-6405
- Jacksonville Kidney Center4.56 miles away1107 Myra St Ste 101 Jacksonville Florida 32204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (904) 354-3333
- Ara Collins Road Dialysis Center6.48 miles away6196 Lake Gray Blvd Suite 112 Jacksonville Florida 32244Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 772-0933
- Fmc-Trout River Dialysis6.97 miles away3107 Edgewood Ave W Jacksonville Florida 32209Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 765-5033
- Baptist Medical Center - Pediatric Dialysis7.27 miles away800 Prudential Dr m2west Jacksonville Florida 32207Dialysis Stations: 5 (904) 202-0436
- Ara - West Jacksonville LLC7.4 miles away425 N Lee Street Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32204Dialysis Stations: 29 (904) 598-2711
- Dialysis Clinic Inc7.63 miles away757 Union Street W Jacksonville Florida 32202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (904) 354-0409