With an address in Westland, Michigan, Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland is the lone option located in the city. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade in this range requires some solid scores. This facility has some things going for it. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Westland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's overall score was propped up by the fact that it has earned favorable government inspections in recent years. We awarded it a strong score in that area, with a B+. This is a much better grade than the nursing home's overall score. Our inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we awarded this facility an B+. The nursing score assesses several datapoints, but the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a middle of the pack score in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. With our short-term care grade, we attempt to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, this facility received a grade of C in long-term care, which is a decent rating. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. As it turns out, this nursing home gave the vaccine to a relatively low 87.60504 percent of its residents, which is a bit of a concern. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 14.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 1.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 3.04% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 18.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 18.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 4.51% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 92.61% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 16.09% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 18.14% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 18.14% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 5.45% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Four Seasons Nursing Center of Westland, 83.98% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.24 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 10.9 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Forest Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away135 S Prospect St Ypsilanti Michigan 48198Government - Hospital District or Authority(734) 547-4700
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Westland Dialysis of Davita1.89 miles away36588 Ford Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 721-1030
- Davita - Garden West2.84 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia3.01 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia3.34 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Fms - Sheldon Corners3.8 miles away6064 N Sheldon Rd Canton Michigan 48187CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 207-6219
- Michigan Dialysis Services, LLC4.05 miles away275 N Canton Center Rd Canton Michigan 48187Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 844-0108
- Fmc - Garden City5.17 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia5.81 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870