Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in Brooklyn, New York. This city is one of the most populated cities in the country with has 2,504,700 people. This nursing home proved to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of C. As far as we can see, this nursing home is a good fit for quite a few people. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Brooklyn senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall score is its impeccable government inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that category, with a grade of A. This is a notably better grade than the place's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a favorable score in long-term care. This facility earned a grade of B in this category, which is one of our higher scores. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.10615 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is short-term care. This nursing home's received a rock-bottom short-term care score where it received a lowly F. Our short-term care grades are considered to be more meaningful for patients in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Given its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to discover that this facility is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Frankly, this was what we expected here. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The final category we graded was nursing, which is this nursing home's worst category. We gave it an F for this category, which is certainly a major concern. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is not a very impressive figure. This nursing home also had terrible scores in several of the quality-based metrics to go along with its low nursing hour totals. We looked at the percentage of residents sustaining pressure ulcers. This facility was at more than double the national average in this datapoint. This is concerning when you consider that many pressure ulcers are believed to be preventable with better nursing care. This ended up sealing the nursing home's fate of earning a very poor nursing score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 23.92% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 0.34% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 0.56% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 5.57% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.04% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 98.62% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.59% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.97% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.97% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.09% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Four Seasons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 53.77% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Brooklyn, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Brooklyn, New York has 39 other nursing homes
- Brookdale Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.08 miles away1 Brookdale Plaza Brooklyn New York 11212Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 240-5966
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.11 miles away585 Schenectady Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 604-5789
- Kings County Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away451 Clarkson Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Government - Local(718) 245-3901
- University Hospital of Brooklyn ( Downstate )Acute Care Hospitals 2.5 miles away445 Lenox Road Brooklyn New York 11203Government - State(718) 270-1000
- New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 3.27 miles away2525 Kings Highway Brooklyn New York 11229Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 692-5302
- Wyckoff Heights Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away374 Stockholm Street Brooklyn New York 11237Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 963-7272
- New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away506 Sixth Street Brooklyn New York 11215Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 780-3000
- Woodhull Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away760 Broadway Brooklyn New York 11206Government - Local(718) 963-8100
- Four Seasons Dialysis Center LLC.0.06 miles away1170 East 98th Street Brooklyn New York 11236CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 223-2100
- Brookdale Hospital & Medical Center1.05 miles away1 Brookdale Plaza Room 249 - Hemodialysis Unit Brooklyn New York 11212Dialysis Stations: 10 (718) 240-5727
- Brookdale Physicians' Dialysis Associates, Inc.1.25 miles away9701 Church Ave Brooklyn New York 11212CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (718) 495-4680
- Davita Utica Avenue Dialysis Center1.54 miles away1305 Utica Ave Empire State Dc Brooklyn New York 11203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (718) 629-3900
- Rogosin Institute-Nephrology Foundation of Brooklyn East2 miles away2372 Linden Boulevard Brooklyn New York 11208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (646) 317-0720
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center - Rnh Dialysis2.13 miles away585 Schenectady Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Dialysis Stations: 4 (718) 604-5591
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center2.13 miles away585 Schenectady Ave Dialysis Dept Brooklyn New York 11203Dialysis Stations: 13 (718) 604-5591
- Bushwick Center for Renal Dialysis, LLC2.36 miles away51 Georgia Avenue Brooklyn New York 11207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 484-9588