Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center is a very-large nursing home located in Valley Village, California. This nursing home was given an overall grade of C, which is a good score. Based on our ratings, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this facility's report card is is its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Valley Village senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Part of the reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned a very favorable nursing score. Its nursing grade is its best category. In this area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Nursing scores are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a favorable long-term care grade. Indeed, we gave them a B in that area, which happens to be one of our better. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.8325 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next highest area was short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. In determining our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is more often than not a fair assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 4.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
The last category we addressed is inspections. We gave this facility a C. Our inspection rating is based on the nursing home's inspection reports. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 7 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were category G through L deficiencies. This means that this facility dodged the more ominous classes of deficiencies. We didn't find anything on this nursing home's inspection reports to be overly alarming.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 9.6% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 0.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 0.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 11.97% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients that are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 20.86% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 99.61% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 3.65% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 2.62% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 2.62% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 4.52% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 78.12% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 7.58 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Davita-North Hollywood Dialysis1.31 miles away12126 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood California 91606CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (818) 980-5070
- u.s. Renal Care Sherman Oaks Dialysis3.04 miles away4955 Van Nuys Blvd., Suite 111 Sherman Oaks California 91403Dialysis Stations: 18 (818) 285-5913
- Fmc-Van Nuys3.48 miles away14812 Oxnard Street Van Nuys California 91411CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 781-7888
- u.s. Renal Care Van Nuys Dialysis3.63 miles away14624 Sherman Way, Suite 106 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (818) 994-2333
- Davita Van Nuys Dialysis3.76 miles away14434 Sherman Way Van Nuys California 91405Dialysis Stations: 37 (818) 787-8225
- Fmc-Burbank4.2 miles away2031 Alameda Avenue, Suite 202 Burbank California 91506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 845-3830
- Davita-Valley Dialysis Center4.31 miles away6840 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 101 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 779-1450
- Laurel Canyon Dialysis, LLC4.38 miles away8987 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Sun Valley California 91352CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (818) 771-9950