Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center is a very-large nursing home located in Valley Village, California. This nursing home was given an uninspiring overall grade of D, which is a subpar rating. Based on our ratings, this facility may not be the best fit for most prospective residents. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is nursing, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
5335 Laurel Canyon Blvd.,
Valley Village CA 91607
81.69% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this nursing home well overall, we want to acknowledge it received a decent grade of B- in the category of nursing. Our nursing rating is based on several subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's long-term care rating ended up being one of its better scores. The facility was given a grade of B- in this category. In determining our long-term care ratings, we look at the facility's personal care services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.65812 percent of its patients. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center?
This nursing home earned slightly below average inspections in recent years. We gave them a C in this area. We believe that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. This place was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This tells you that this facility dodged the more significant classes of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received some government fines in recent years.
Short-term Care Quality
Our last area is short-term care, where we awarded this nursing home a C in this area. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The last metric we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 3.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents that suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 95.65% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Four Seasons Healthcare & Wellness Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 7.58 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Davita-North Hollywood Dialysis1.31 miles away12126 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood California 91606CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (818) 980-5070
- u.s. Renal Care Sherman Oaks Dialysis3.04 miles away4955 Van Nuys Blvd., Suite 111 Sherman Oaks California 91403Dialysis Stations: 18 (818) 285-5913
- Fmc-Van Nuys3.48 miles away14812 Oxnard Street Van Nuys California 91411CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 781-7888
- u.s. Renal Care Van Nuys Dialysis3.63 miles away14624 Sherman Way, Suite 106 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (818) 994-2333
- Davita Van Nuys Dialysis3.76 miles away14434 Sherman Way Van Nuys California 91405Dialysis Stations: 37 (818) 787-8225
- Fmc-Burbank4.2 miles away2031 Alameda Avenue, Suite 202 Burbank California 91506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 845-3830
- Davita-Valley Dialysis Center4.31 miles away6840 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 101 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 779-1450
- Laurel Canyon Dialysis, LLC4.38 miles away8987 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Sun Valley California 91352CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (818) 771-9950