Four Oaks Health Care Center is the lone facility we found in Jonesborough, Tennessee. Featuring an overall grade of D, this is a well below average facility. This isn't the worse nursing home we found, but we'd still struggle to recommend it. This facility's only redeeming feature was its inspection score, which you can find additional information about below.
Four Oaks Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1101 Persimmon Ridge Rd,
Jonesborough TN 37659
72.38% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category was long-term care, but it nevertheless earned just a D in that area. This turns out to be a relatively poor grade. Facilities that don't score well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 93.01075 percent of its patients. This is a bit below what we expected but still a respectable figure. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Four Oaks Health Care Center?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's poor nursing grade where it received an F. When computing our nursing scores, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This number is well below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was short-term care, where this facility received a poor score here also. We gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is definitely somewhat alarming. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Based on its grade in this category, we were not stunned to find that this place was well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Honestly, this was what we expected here. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most facilities, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Four Oaks Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who sustained falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 9.05% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients showing symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 89.05% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
- Johnson City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away400 N State of Franklin Rd Johnson City Tennessee 37604Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 431-6111
- Franklin Woods Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away300 Med Tech Parkway Johnson City Tennessee 37604Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 302-1120
- Unicoi County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away2030 Temple Hill Road Erwin Tennessee 37650Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 743-3141
- Sycamore Shoals HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14 miles away1501 West Elk Avenue Elizabethton Tennessee 37643Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 542-1300
- Indian Path Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.1 miles away2000 Brookside Dr Kingsport Tennessee 37660Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 431-1941
- Holston Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.49 miles away130 West Ravine Road Kingsport Tennessee 37662Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 224-4000
- Greeneville Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.59 miles away1420 Tusculum Boulevard Greeneville Tennessee 37745Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 639-3151
- Davita Tennessee Valley Dial Cntr5.34 miles away107 Woodlawn Dr Suite 100 Johnson City Tennessee 37604CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (423) 926-2976
- Fmc Johnson City6.18 miles away100 Technology Lane Johnson City Tennessee 37604Dialysis Stations: 17 (423) 929-7181
- Tn Smokie Mountain Dialysis6.43 miles away2320 Knob Creek Road Suite 408 Johnson City Tennessee 37604Dialysis Stations: 2 (423) 232-1969
- Fmc Elizabethton14.22 miles away1210 Militia Court Elizabethton Tennessee 37643Dialysis Stations: 13 (423) 542-8208
- Fmc Eastern Tennessee16.91 miles away180 Serral Drive Greeneville Tennessee 37745Dialysis Stations: 19 (423) 638-1201
- Fmc Kingsport18 miles away2002 Brookside Drive Suite 101 Kingsport Tennessee 37660CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (423) 245-6464
- Sandlin Dialysis, LLC18.25 miles away110 Heritage Court Greeneville Tennessee 37743Dialysis Stations: 12 (423) 639-2110
- Fmc West Kingsport19.39 miles away3600 Netherland Inn Road Kingsport Tennessee 37660CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (423) 230-0461