Four Oaks Health Care Center is the lone facility we found in Jonesborough, Tennessee. Featuring an overall grade of C, this looks like a middle of the pack facility. At the end of the day, this nursing home looks like a good fit for most people. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its exemplary inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Four Oaks Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given its next most favorable category grade in the category of short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of C in this area, which is a reasonably acceptable score. In determining our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is more often than not a reliable measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. We found that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Four Oaks Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a C in this category. Long-term care grades are typically used to gauge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 95.38461 percent of its patients. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The next area we assessed was nursing, which was a low point for this facility. We awarded this nursing home a grade of just D in nursing. There are a number of subcategories included in this category. Most of the subcategories relate to nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Four Oaks Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients that sustained a fall leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who sustained UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric can also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 8.67% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 89.63% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Johnson City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away400 N State of Franklin Rd Johnson City Tennessee 37604Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 431-6111
- Franklin Woods Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away300 Med Tech Parkway Johnson City Tennessee 37604Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 302-1120
- Unicoi County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away2030 Temple Hill Road Erwin Tennessee 37650Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 743-3141
- Sycamore Shoals HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14 miles away1501 West Elk Avenue Elizabethton Tennessee 37643Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 542-1300
- Indian Path Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.1 miles away2000 Brookside Dr Kingsport Tennessee 37660Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 431-1941
- Holston Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.49 miles away130 West Ravine Road Kingsport Tennessee 37662Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 224-4000
- Greeneville Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.59 miles away1420 Tusculum Boulevard Greeneville Tennessee 37745Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 639-3151
- Davita Tennessee Valley Dial Cntr5.34 miles away107 Woodlawn Dr Suite 100 Johnson City Tennessee 37604CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (423) 926-2976
- Fmc Johnson City6.18 miles away100 Technology Lane Johnson City Tennessee 37604Dialysis Stations: 17 (423) 929-7181
- Tn Smokie Mountain Dialysis6.43 miles away2320 Knob Creek Road Suite 408 Johnson City Tennessee 37604Dialysis Stations: 2 (423) 232-1969
- Fmc Elizabethton14.22 miles away1210 Militia Court Elizabethton Tennessee 37643Dialysis Stations: 13 (423) 542-8208
- Fmc Eastern Tennessee16.91 miles away180 Serral Drive Greeneville Tennessee 37745Dialysis Stations: 19 (423) 638-1201
- Fmc Kingsport18 miles away2002 Brookside Drive Suite 101 Kingsport Tennessee 37660CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (423) 245-6464
- Sandlin Dialysis, LLC18.25 miles away110 Heritage Court Greeneville Tennessee 37743Dialysis Stations: 12 (423) 639-2110
- Fmc West Kingsport19.39 miles away3600 Netherland Inn Road Kingsport Tennessee 37660CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (423) 230-0461