Four Oaks Health Care Center is the lone facility we found in Jonesborough, Tennessee. Featuring an overall grade of D, this is a well below average facility. This isn't the worse nursing home we found, but we'd still struggle to recommend it. This facility's only redeeming feature was its inspection score, which you can find additional information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Four Oaks Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Jonesborough senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This place offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Four Oaks Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's next best category was short-term care. As it turns out, with a D in this area, it still fared somewhat poorly. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. With a score this poor for this category, we weren't shocked to discover that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing metrics we focus on. The nursing home provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last area, this facility didn't perform well in this area either. Due to a poor grade of F in long-term care, this is really as terrible as it gets. Nursing homes that do not score well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. Unfortunately, this nursing home vaccinated only 77.00535 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Four Oaks Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 8.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 3.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 29.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients which are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 9.14% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 88.31% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 17.11% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 20.35% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 1.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 20.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 11.68 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Four Oaks Health Care Center, 74.44% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Johnson City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away400 N State of Franklin Rd Johnson City Tennessee 37604Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 431-6111
- Franklin Woods Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away300 Med Tech Parkway Johnson City Tennessee 37604Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 302-1120
- Unicoi County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away2030 Temple Hill Road Erwin Tennessee 37650Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 743-3141
- Sycamore Shoals HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14 miles away1501 West Elk Avenue Elizabethton Tennessee 37643Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 542-1300
- Indian Path Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.1 miles away2000 Brookside Dr Kingsport Tennessee 37660Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 431-1941
- Holston Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.49 miles away130 West Ravine Road Kingsport Tennessee 37662Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 224-4000
- Greeneville Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.59 miles away1420 Tusculum Boulevard Greeneville Tennessee 37745Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 639-3151
- Davita Tennessee Valley Dial Cntr5.34 miles away107 Woodlawn Dr Suite 100 Johnson City Tennessee 37604CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (423) 926-2976
- Fmc Johnson City6.18 miles away100 Technology Lane Johnson City Tennessee 37604Dialysis Stations: 17 (423) 929-7181
- Tn Smokie Mountain Dialysis6.43 miles away2320 Knob Creek Road Suite 408 Johnson City Tennessee 37604Dialysis Stations: 2 (423) 232-1969
- Fmc Elizabethton14.22 miles away1210 Militia Court Elizabethton Tennessee 37643Dialysis Stations: 13 (423) 542-8208
- Fmc Eastern Tennessee16.91 miles away180 Serral Drive Greeneville Tennessee 37745Dialysis Stations: 19 (423) 638-1201
- Fmc Kingsport18 miles away2002 Brookside Drive Suite 101 Kingsport Tennessee 37660CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (423) 245-6464
- Sandlin Dialysis, LLC18.25 miles away110 Heritage Court Greeneville Tennessee 37743Dialysis Stations: 12 (423) 639-2110
- Fmc West Kingsport19.39 miles away3600 Netherland Inn Road Kingsport Tennessee 37660CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (423) 230-0461