Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Westland, Michigan. It looks like this is a good facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid score. This nursing home truly has plenty going for it. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Westland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Westland, Michigan Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Westland, Michigan Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall grade, we gave this facility an A- for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an A-. There are numerous factors included in this grade. Many of these factors relate to staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was short-term care. We gave them one of our strongest grades in that category, with a grade of A-. Our short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care, is this facility's weakest category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that area. This really is one of just a few weak links on an otherwise strong report card. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. One of the criteria we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccines. We were a bit concerned this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to just 89.49772 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 5.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 4.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 9.44% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 17.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 0% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 93.94% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 8.37% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 11.56% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 11.56% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 7.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Four Chaplains Nursing Care Center, 73.22% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.64 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.44 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 8.82 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fmc - Garden City1.16 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia2.83 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Davita - Garden West3.02 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418
- Westland Dialysis of Davita4.56 miles away36588 Ford Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 721-1030
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia4.97 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Davita - Dearborn at Home5.27 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Davita - Dearborn5.28 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100
- Davita - Redford5.29 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171