Fountains Transitional Care Center is a small nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Sporting an overall score of D, this is a well below average facility. If you aren't happy with this nursing home, you should be able to find another option in Cincinnati, as the city has more than 25 nursing homes. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Fountains Transitional Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1400 Mallard Cove Drive,
Cincinnati OH 45246
82.96% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections category. This score is much more impressive than the nursing home's overall grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even with this deficiency, this nursing home still received a relatively positive report.
We also gave this facility favorable marks in the area of nursing care, where it received a grade of B. Our nursing grade is largely associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Fountains Transitional Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a C. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The key is determining what bearing this had on quality of care. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this category, which is a bottom of the barrel score. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means the facility did not perform well in our measures relating to resident care. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated 43.75 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is quite a bit below the national average. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fountains Transitional Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients which sustained a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression. Some argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 74 other nursing homes
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 4.22 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 10.29 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.6 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis3.71 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Davita - Forest Fair4.02 miles away1145 Kemper Meadow Drive 45240 Cincinnati Ohio 45231CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 674-1691
- Fmc- Liberty Forest Fair LLC4.09 miles away1198 West Kemper Road Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 648-9175
- Dci - Forest Park4.22 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis5.33 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Dci - at Drake Center5.34 miles away151 West Galbraith Road Cincinnati Ohio 45216Dialysis Stations: 5 (513) 418-2675
- Dca of Cincinnati6.03 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood6.15 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800