Fountains Transitional Care Center is a small nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. This is a good nursing home with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Cincinnati. Even with Cincinnati having 74 other nursing homes available, this one looks like a respectable selection. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Fountains Transitional Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home one of our higher grades in short-term care, where it earned an A-. This is much better than the facility's overall grade, which was certainly not elite. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it earned an B+. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Fountains Transitional Care Center?
Another reason we rated this facility so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning residents even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was long-term care. Sadly, it received an F for this category, which is an abysmal score. This is certainly a major disappointment. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes offer. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 36.363636 percent of its patients. This is significantly lower than what we expected. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fountains Transitional Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients which sustained a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 20% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression. Some argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 90.19% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fountains Transitional Care Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 73 other nursing homes
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 4.22 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 10.29 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.6 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis3.71 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Davita - Forest Fair4.02 miles away1145 Kemper Meadow Drive 45240 Cincinnati Ohio 45231CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 674-1691
- Fmc- Liberty Forest Fair LLC4.09 miles away1198 West Kemper Road Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 648-9175
- Dci - Forest Park4.22 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis5.33 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Dci - at Drake Center5.34 miles away151 West Galbraith Road Cincinnati Ohio 45216Dialysis Stations: 5 (513) 418-2675
- Dca of Cincinnati6.03 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood6.15 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800