Fountain View Village is a small facility located in Fountain Hills, Arizona. We gave this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the nation. In our view, this nursing home should be a wonderful choice for just about anybody. Keep reading to find this facility's category scores, which are equally impressive. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fountain View Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fountain Hills senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility earned nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A+. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing ratings are largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Fountain View Village?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next category, we gave this facility a score of A for its long-term care grade. This is a dominant rating. For residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to locate this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area, this nursing home also received an impressive short-term care score, with a grade of A-. This completed a very strong profile. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fountain View Village Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fountain View Village, 41.67% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fountain View Village, 8.18% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fountain View Village, 74.49% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.3 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.76 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.91 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.45 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.79 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 16.39 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.11 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Southwest Kidney Davita Dialysis Partners, LLC0.71 miles away13430 N Saguaro Blvd Bldg 3 Fountain Hills Arizona 85268Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 816-5973
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)9.03 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)12.28 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)12.35 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Southwest Kidney Central Mesa (Dva)13.74 miles away1134 E University Dr Ste 101 Mesa Arizona 85203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 464-3851
- Red Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)13.74 miles away1211 N Country Club Dr Ste 4 Mesa Arizona 85201Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 833-7440
- East Valley Dialysis (Fmc)13.74 miles away135 S Power Rd Ste 103 Mesa Arizona 85206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (480) 985-4911
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale13.75 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455