Fountain View Village is a small facility located in Fountain Hills, Arizona. We gave this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the nation. In our view, this nursing home should be a wonderful choice for just about anybody. Keep reading to find this facility's category scores, which are equally impressive. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Fountain View Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
16455 East Avenue of the Fountains,
Fountain Hills AZ 85268
58.33% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility earned nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A+. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing ratings are largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Fountain View Village?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next category, we gave this facility a score of A- for its long-term care grade. This is a dominant rating. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth category we rated is short-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of A-. This topped off a very strong report card. Few facilities earned an A- or higher in in each area we assessed. In our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 4.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fountain View Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fountain View Village, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fountain View Village, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fountain View Village, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that experienced urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fountain View Village, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fountain View Village, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fountain View Village, 3.1% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fountain View Village, 80.03% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fountain View Village, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fountain View Village, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.3 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.76 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.91 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.45 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.79 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 16.39 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.11 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Southwest Kidney Davita Dialysis Partners, LLC0.71 miles away13430 N Saguaro Blvd Bldg 3 Fountain Hills Arizona 85268Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 816-5973
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)9.03 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)12.28 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)12.35 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Southwest Kidney Central Mesa (Dva)13.74 miles away1134 E University Dr Ste 101 Mesa Arizona 85203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 464-3851
- Red Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)13.74 miles away1211 N Country Club Dr Ste 4 Mesa Arizona 85201Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 833-7440
- East Valley Dialysis (Fmc)13.74 miles away135 S Power Rd Ste 103 Mesa Arizona 85206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (480) 985-4911
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale13.75 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455