Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing is a large facility located in Macon, Georgia. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score in this range generally suggests a few red flags. If you are not satisfied with this facility's mediocre overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are five other nursing homes in Macon. The best thing we can say about this place is that it did not receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Macon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that area, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection scores are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 9 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given its next best category grade in the area of short-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of B- in this category, which is a respectable score. With our short-term care grade, we strive to craft a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Nursing scores are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care, ended up being this facility's worst category. We gave this nursing home a D in that area. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 98.809525 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility also keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 22.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 1.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 0.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 23.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 16.52% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 2.88% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 99.4% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 9.8% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 8.7% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 8.7% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 6.52% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 81.65% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Macon, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Macon, Georgia has 5 other nursing homes
- Medical Center, Navicent Health (The)Acute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away777 Hemlock Street Macon Georgia 31201Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 633-1000
- Coliseum Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away350 Hospital Drive Macon Georgia 31217Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 765-7000
- Houston Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away1601 Watson Boulevard Warner Robins Georgia 31093Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 922-4281
- Coliseum Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away400 Charter Boulevard Macon Georgia 31210Proprietary(478) 757-8200
- Medical Center of Peach County, Navicent HealthCritical Access Hospitals 10.48 miles away1960 Highway 247 Connector Byron Georgia 31008Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 654-2000
- Perry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.52 miles away1120 Morningside Dr Perry Georgia 31069Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 987-3600
- Macon Southside Dialysis Center, LLC5.27 miles away2101-2121 Eisenhower Parkway Suite 2117 Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 744-9551
- Eisenhower Parkway Dialysis5.45 miles away2525 Second Street Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 738-0420
- Dialysis Center of Macon, LLC6.73 miles away890 Second Street 1st Floor Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 743-0584
- Dsi Macon Hemlock Dialysis6.87 miles away657 Hemlock St Ste 100 Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 22 (478) 742-8001
- Davita Dialysis of Middle Georgia Inc.6.9 miles away747 Second Street Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (478) 742-4211
- Kidney Dialysis Center LLC6.97 miles away640 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 742-5850
- Dsi Macon Pine Street Dialysis7.01 miles away745 Pine Street Macon Georgia 31210Dialysis Stations: 18 (478) 742-5138
- Georgia Kidney Institute, LLC7.24 miles away1625 Hardeman Avenue Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 11 (478) 257-5200