Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing is a large facility located in Macon, Georgia. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some solid scores. Based on our assessment, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. This place did not meet our expectations in all of our categories, but it didn't receive any terrible grades either. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3051 Whiteside Road,
Macon GA 31216
46.43% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection score. In fact, its inspection grade was far better than its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. Inspection ratings are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 9 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The second most favorable area we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a C. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of services offered by a nursing home, as opposed to more sophisticated services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We discovered that this facility vaccinated just 75.793655 percent of its patients, which is somewhat concerning. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of just D for our short-term care score. This is not one of our better scores. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Considering its grade in this area, we weren't surprised to find that this nursing home was well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Honestly, this was what we expected to find. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
The final category we looked at was nursing, which is a weak spot for this nursing home. We gave this facility a grade of D for the area of nursing. There are numerous subcategories included in this area. Most of these factors relate to staffing levels. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, this facility's nurse staffing levels were well below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these data points to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 5.28% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 93.36% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Macon, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Macon, Georgia has 11 other nursing homes
- Medical Center, Navicent Health (The)Acute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away777 Hemlock Street Macon Georgia 31201Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 633-1000
- Coliseum Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away350 Hospital Drive Macon Georgia 31217Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 765-7000
- Houston Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away1601 Watson Boulevard Warner Robins Georgia 31093Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 922-4281
- Coliseum Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away400 Charter Boulevard Macon Georgia 31210Proprietary(478) 757-8200
- Medical Center of Peach County, Navicent HealthCritical Access Hospitals 10.48 miles away1960 Highway 247 Connector Byron Georgia 31008Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 654-2000
- Perry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.52 miles away1120 Morningside Dr Perry Georgia 31069Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 987-3600
- Macon Southside Dialysis Center, LLC5.27 miles away2101-2121 Eisenhower Parkway Suite 2117 Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 744-9551
- Eisenhower Parkway Dialysis5.45 miles away2525 Second Street Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 738-0420
- Dialysis Center of Macon, LLC6.73 miles away890 Second Street 1st Floor Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 743-0584
- Dsi Macon Hemlock Dialysis6.87 miles away657 Hemlock St Ste 100 Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 22 (478) 742-8001
- Davita Dialysis of Middle Georgia Inc.6.9 miles away747 Second Street Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (478) 742-4211
- Kidney Dialysis Center LLC6.97 miles away640 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 742-5850
- Dsi Macon Pine Street Dialysis7.01 miles away745 Pine Street Macon Georgia 31210Dialysis Stations: 18 (478) 742-5138
- Georgia Kidney Institute, LLC7.24 miles away1625 Hardeman Avenue Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 11 (478) 257-5200