Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing is a large facility located in Macon, Georgia. With a really poor overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 12 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it actually received an impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A-. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid nursing homes with a bunch of severe deficiencies flagged. This particular nursing home received 9 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the area of long-term care, this nursing home was awarded a grade of just D in this area. Sadly, this wound up being one of its better features. Nursing homes that don't fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to a relatively low 63.21839 percent of its patients, which is somewhat alarming. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. When computing a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the amount of time nurses are with residents as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was short-term care. This facility was given a very poor grade of F in that area. Our short-term care grade is generally used to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.1 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 10.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 18.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 5.43% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 93.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 17.3% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 23.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 23.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 11.54 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fountain Blue Rehab and Nursing, 69.88% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Macon, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Macon, Georgia has 11 other nursing homes
- Medical Center, Navicent Health (The)Acute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away777 Hemlock Street Macon Georgia 31201Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 633-1000
- Coliseum Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away350 Hospital Drive Macon Georgia 31217Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 765-7000
- Houston Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away1601 Watson Boulevard Warner Robins Georgia 31093Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 922-4281
- Coliseum Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away400 Charter Boulevard Macon Georgia 31210Proprietary(478) 757-8200
- Medical Center of Peach County, Navicent HealthCritical Access Hospitals 10.48 miles away1960 Highway 247 Connector Byron Georgia 31008Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 654-2000
- Perry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.52 miles away1120 Morningside Dr Perry Georgia 31069Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 987-3600
- Macon Southside Dialysis Center, LLC5.27 miles away2101-2121 Eisenhower Parkway Suite 2117 Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 744-9551
- Eisenhower Parkway Dialysis5.45 miles away2525 Second Street Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 738-0420
- Dialysis Center of Macon, LLC6.73 miles away890 Second Street 1st Floor Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 743-0584
- Dsi Macon Hemlock Dialysis6.87 miles away657 Hemlock St Ste 100 Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 22 (478) 742-8001
- Davita Dialysis of Middle Georgia Inc.6.9 miles away747 Second Street Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (478) 742-4211
- Kidney Dialysis Center LLC6.97 miles away640 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 742-5850
- Dsi Macon Pine Street Dialysis7.01 miles away745 Pine Street Macon Georgia 31210Dialysis Stations: 18 (478) 742-5138
- Georgia Kidney Institute, LLC7.24 miles away1625 Hardeman Avenue Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 11 (478) 257-5200