Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab is an average-sized nursing home located in Wylie, Texas. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road grade. You could certainly do worse than this place. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its exemplary inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was given its second highest category grade in the area of long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of B- in this area, which is a reasonably acceptable score. Our long-term care grade focuses on a nursing home's assistance with daily living rather than the skilled therapy or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to only 68.46473 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our nursing rating analyzes many datapoints, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This place provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's worst area was short-term care, which is the final area we scored. Sadly, it received an F in this category. Despite multiple solid grades in other areas, this score is nevertheless alarming so we wanted to point it out. Our short-term care scores are critical for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. With a score this poor for this area, we weren't surprised to learn that this facility was well below average in two of the key staffing figures we looked at. In fact, it offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other facilities. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics doomed this nursing home's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents who sustained falls which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents which have suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 4.66% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 94.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility.
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Lake PointeAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away6800 Scenic Dr Rowlett Texas 75088Proprietary(972) 412-2273
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital RockwallAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away3150 Horizon Road Rockwall Texas 75032Proprietary(469) 698-1000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Medical City MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 11.88 miles away4500 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069Proprietary(972) 547-8000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 14.27 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Wylie Dialysis0.47 miles away941 South Westgate Way Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 15 (972) 429-4315
- Liberty Dialysis - Wylie Murphy1.08 miles away2300 W Fm 544 Suite 140 Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 429-3700
- Davita Rowlett Dialysis6.39 miles away7700 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 100a Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 607-1479
- Usrc Rowlett, LLC6.4 miles away7600 Lakeview Parkway Suite 200 Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 412-1631
- Fresenius Medical Care Rowlett6.57 miles away3801 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 100 Rowlett Texas 75088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (214) 703-6951
- Usrc Richardson, LLC6.63 miles away3321 E. Renner Rd Suite 100 Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 479-9401
- Fresenius Medical Care Renner Road, LLC6.78 miles away3517 Spectrum Blvd Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 234-4326
- Plano Dialysis Center6.95 miles away481 Shiloh Road, Suite 100 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 881-3270