Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab is a senior living facility located in Wylie, Texas. This city has 48,197 people. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. You could certainly do worse than this place. The best part of this facility's profile was its stellar inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Wylie senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not bad, it really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's better category scores came in the category of long-term care. This proved to be its second best category. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. In the area of long-term care, we weigh the quantity of care provided by a facility, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 49.39759 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly lower than what we expected. Nevertheless, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. There are numerous criteria included in this area. Many of these subcategories reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our final category, we gave this facility a grade of D in the area of short-term care. This is the nursing home's least impressive category rating. Sadly, this grade pulled down the nursing home's overall grade to a certain degree. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients which sustained falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 4.84% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 93.69% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Founders Plaza Nursing & Rehab, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Lake PointeAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away6800 Scenic Dr Rowlett Texas 75088Proprietary(972) 412-2273
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital RockwallAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away3150 Horizon Road Rockwall Texas 75032Proprietary(469) 698-1000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Medical City MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 11.88 miles away4500 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069Proprietary(972) 547-8000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 14.27 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Wylie Dialysis0.47 miles away941 South Westgate Way Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 15 (972) 429-4315
- Liberty Dialysis - Wylie Murphy1.08 miles away2300 W Fm 544 Suite 140 Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 429-3700
- Davita Rowlett Dialysis6.39 miles away7700 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 100a Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 607-1479
- Usrc Rowlett, LLC6.4 miles away7600 Lakeview Parkway Suite 200 Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 412-1631
- Fresenius Medical Care Rowlett6.57 miles away3801 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 100 Rowlett Texas 75088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (214) 703-6951
- Usrc Richardson, LLC6.63 miles away3321 E. Renner Rd Suite 100 Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 479-9401
- Fresenius Medical Care Renner Road, LLC6.78 miles away3517 Spectrum Blvd Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 234-4326
- Plano Dialysis Center6.95 miles away481 Shiloh Road, Suite 100 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 881-3270