Foundation Park Care Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Toledo, Ohio. Featuring an overall rating of B-, this is a solid nursing home. Even with Toledo having 16 other nursing homes to select from, this one turns out to be a sound selection. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Foundation Park Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Toledo senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's best category grade came in the area of inspections. In this category, we gave this nursing home a B. It outperformed most facilities in this category. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
We also wanted to point out that this facility earned an B in nursing. Our nursing score is largely tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Foundation Park Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an impressive long-term care score. In fact, we awarded them a B in that area, which is one of our more favorable scores. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.89299 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is short-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of B- in this category. Short-term care grades are typically employed to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. To have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Foundation Park Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Foundation Park Care Center, 4.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Foundation Park Care Center, 2.95% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Foundation Park Care Center, 3.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Foundation Park Care Center, 17.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Foundation Park Care Center, 18.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Foundation Park Care Center, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Foundation Park Care Center, 98.06% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Foundation Park Care Center, 20.19% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Foundation Park Care Center, 14.08% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Foundation Park Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Foundation Park Care Center, 14.08% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 1.66 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.53 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Davita - Southland Dialysis0.17 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center0.73 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis2.06 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center3 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Usrc Maumee, LLC3.51 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC3.59 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.59 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.4.29 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415