Foundation Park Care Center is a large facility in Toledo, Ohio. Featuring an overall grade of C, this appears to be a respectable nursing home. At the end of the day, this nursing home should be a good fit for quite a few people. The best part of this place's profile was is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Foundation Park Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1621 S Byrne Rd,
Toledo OH 43614
57.44% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this facility received a decent overall score is its impeccable health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that category, with a grade of A-. This is a notably better grade than the place's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more respectable category grades was in the area of short-term care. This proved to be its second best category. In that category, we awarded this facility a C. Our short-term care grades are crucial for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The last item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Foundation Park Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its third most favorable category grade in the category of long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this area, which is a decent grade. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.68554 percent of its residents, which is an above average figure. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to our next category, we gave this nursing home a D for the area of nursing. This was the facility's worst category score. In calculating our nursing grades, we analyze both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This facility averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Foundation Park Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Foundation Park Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Foundation Park Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which have had falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Foundation Park Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Foundation Park Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Foundation Park Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Foundation Park Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Foundation Park Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Foundation Park Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Foundation Park Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Foundation Park Care Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Foundation Park Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 1.66 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.53 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Davita - Southland Dialysis0.17 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center0.73 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis2.06 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center3 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Usrc Maumee, LLC3.51 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC3.59 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.59 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.4.29 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415