Foundation Park Care Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Toledo, Ohio. Featuring an overall rating of D, this is a well below average nursing home. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 16 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Foundation Park Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Foundation Park Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade is not a highlight, it actually received a somewhat respectable score in the area of inspections. We awarded it a B- for this category, which is not bad. Inspection scores are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable category turned out to be its short-term care score, where it was awarded a C. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Foundation Park Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third best area is its long-term care score, where it was awarded a C. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.69419 percent of its residents. This place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final category we looked at was nursing, turned out to be this facility's worst category. We awarded this nursing home a D in that category. Nursing scores are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This place averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Foundation Park Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Foundation Park Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Foundation Park Care Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Foundation Park Care Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Foundation Park Care Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Foundation Park Care Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Foundation Park Care Center, 20% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Foundation Park Care Center, 90.19% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Foundation Park Care Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Foundation Park Care Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Foundation Park Care Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Foundation Park Care Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 1.66 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.53 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Davita - Southland Dialysis0.17 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center0.73 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis2.06 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center3 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Usrc Maumee, LLC3.51 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC3.59 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.59 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.4.29 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415