Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home in Livonia, Michigan. This nursing home received a very respectable overall grade of B+, which is better than most of the options in Livonia. Based on our analysis, this place has quite a bit going for it. If you look below, you will see this nursing home's category grades, which are also strong.
Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
28910 Plymouth Road,
Livonia MI 48150
80.27% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. When computing a nursing home's nursing score, we assess the amount of time nurses are seeing patients and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also received favorable short-term care grades in our assessment. In fact, we awarded it one of our stronger scores in that area, with a grade of B+. In forming these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Moving on to another of this facility's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection grade. Inspections turned out to be one of its best grades. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of B+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is long-term care, where this facility received a B. This nursing home did not prove to have any identifiable weaknesses. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 94.863014 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who experienced a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients which had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.44% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 91.43% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Livonia, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Livonia, Michigan has 6 other nursing homes
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia1.96 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Fmc - Garden City2.21 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Davita - Garden West3.54 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia4.18 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Davita - Redford4.73 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171
- Westland Dialysis of Davita4.81 miles away36588 Ford Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 721-1030
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC5.16 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Fmc - Botsford Park5.5 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089