Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home in Livonia, Michigan. This nursing home received a strong grade of B+ overall. We found it to be better than most of the facilities in Livonia, which has a city grade of B. Based on our assessment, this nursing home has quite a bit going for it. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its nursing rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in nursing, where it received an A. We looked at the licensure of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses worked with patients, in computing our grade in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. This facility received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our stronger scores in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B. Our short-term care scores are arguably more meaningful for individuals requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 4.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of B-. This ended up being this facility's worst category. This is still nothing to be ashamed of. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 95.904434 percent of its patients. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients who have sustained a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.47% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 91.4% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Founain Bleu Health and Rehabilitation Center, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Livonia, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Livonia, Michigan has 6 other nursing homes
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia1.96 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Fmc - Garden City2.21 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Davita - Garden West3.54 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia4.18 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Davita - Redford4.73 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171
- Westland Dialysis of Davita4.81 miles away36588 Ford Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 721-1030
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC5.16 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Fmc - Botsford Park5.5 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089