Forwood Manor is just one of 16 facilities in Wilmington, Delaware. This turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the best scores we offer. We flat out can't say enough good things about this facility. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Aug 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
1912 Marsh Road,
Wilmington DE 19810
35% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Forwood Manor has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. Our nursing rating analyzes quite a few datapoints, but the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Delaware in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received superb marks in the area of short-term care. For this reason, it was given one of our highest scores in that area with a score of A+. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be more meaningful for patients in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Forwood Manor?
In addition, this nursing home also earned excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best grades in that category, with a grade of A-. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. This is really what you want to see in this important metric.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, this nursing home was awarded an acceptable long-term care score. While this wasn't nearly as strong as several of its other grades, this is really nothing to be ashamed of. Our long-term care scores are more critical for residents in need of more conventional assistance related to personal care. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very solid figure. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forwood Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forwood Manor, 5.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care residents which have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forwood Manor, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which have sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forwood Manor, 1.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forwood Manor, 11.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forwood Manor, 19.25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forwood Manor, 3.54% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forwood Manor, 94.07% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forwood Manor, 14.59% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forwood Manor, 20.95% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Forwood Manor, 1.41 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forwood Manor, 20.95 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forwood Manor, 10.28 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forwood Manor, 75.7% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Wilmington, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Wilmington, Delaware has 15 other nursing homes
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 3.44 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.36 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 11.65 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 14.84 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.16 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.4 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc2.59 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington3.4 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center3.55 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.3.73 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Riverside Park3.8 miles awayRiverside Medical Arts Complex, Suite g2 700 W. Lea Boulevard Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 762-8585
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington4.9 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine5.88 miles away303 a Street Wilmington Delaware 19801Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 658-7469
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington6.48 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177