With an address in Bedford, Texas, Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation is one of only three available nursing homes in the area. This facility appears to be ranked among the higher-graded nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires first-rate marks across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities nationally. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
2112 Forum Parkway,
Bedford TX 76021
121.16% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this nursing home received nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that area with an A+. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its impressive assessments in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for its long-term care score. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 97.86325 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the elderly population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. While it had 2.61 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was better than most facilities since it had more complicated patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is short-term care. Contributing to its first-rate profile, this facility also performed well in this area. In fact, we gave it a grade of of A- in the category. In determining our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is often a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. We were very impressed to learn that this nursing home offers its residents substantially more physical therapist hours than most other nursing homes. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in Texas in this area with 69.4 percent of its patients returning home. For most facilities, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
The next category we graded is this nursing home's poorest category. However, even in its worst category we still gave it a respectable grade of C in nursing. Our nursing rating features a number of data points. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 3.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this subcategory.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 3.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 1.63% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 4.7% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 95.06% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 17.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 17.98% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 17.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 66.67% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 0.93 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Medical City Las ColinasAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away6800 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75039Proprietary(972) 969-2000
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Bedford LLC1.35 miles away1600 Central Drive Suite 130 Bedford Texas 76022Dialysis Stations: 20 (817) 540-6084
- Heb Dialysis Center1.79 miles away1809 Forest Ridge Drive Bedford Texas 76022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 545-4509
- Mid Cities Dialysis Center3.34 miles away117 East Harwood Road Hurst Texas 76054Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 656-2843
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC5.03 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- North Hills Dialysis5.65 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861
- Dialysis Services of Grapevine5.67 miles away1601 Hart Court Southlake Texas 76092Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 329-1866
- North Arlington Dialysis5.96 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Ar - Grapevine Kidney Center, LLC6.04 miles away1270 William D. Tate Ave Suite 300 Grapevine Texas 76051Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 421-6326