Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Bedford, Texas. The city has a total of 46,885 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B+. A score in this range requires favorable marks in most areas. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bedford senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a strong overall score, we gave this place a grade of A+ for inspections. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this facility's other achievements is its dominant long-term care grade. We awarded them one of our strongest scores in that area, with a score of A. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 98.069496 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is short-term care. This nursing home received an impressive short-term care score, with a B in the area. Our short-term care scores are likely most important for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The final category we analyzed is nursing. In that area, we awarded this facility a decent grade of B-. This actually turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive category. Our nursing score analyzes a handful of factors, most of which are based on nursing hours. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients which suffered falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 4.84% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 93.69% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 0.93 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Medical City Las ColinasAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away6800 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75039Proprietary(972) 969-2000
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Bedford LLC1.35 miles away1600 Central Drive Suite 130 Bedford Texas 76022Dialysis Stations: 20 (817) 540-6084
- Heb Dialysis Center1.79 miles away1809 Forest Ridge Drive Bedford Texas 76022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 545-4509
- Mid Cities Dialysis Center3.34 miles away117 East Harwood Road Hurst Texas 76054Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 656-2843
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC5.03 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- North Hills Dialysis5.65 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861
- Dialysis Services of Grapevine5.67 miles away1601 Hart Court Southlake Texas 76092Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 329-1866
- North Arlington Dialysis5.96 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Ar - Grapevine Kidney Center, LLC6.04 miles away1270 William D. Tate Ave Suite 300 Grapevine Texas 76051Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 421-6326