Forum at Deer Creek is in Deerfield Beach, Florida, a city with a total of 54,913 people. After receiving an A overall grade, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 100 facilities in Florida. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of high-end facilities. In our view, this nursing home ought to be a wonderful choice for just about anybody. If you scroll down, you can see this place's category ratings, which appear to be just as strong as its overall grade.
Forum at Deer Creek
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This facility also received an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the few places to receive multiple A+'s in our categories. Inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Forum at Deer Creek?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Nursing ratings are largely associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area, this facility also received a very strong short-term care grade, with an A-. This rounded out an elusive straight A profile. Our short-term care grades are presumably most important for people needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forum at Deer Creek Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forum at Deer Creek, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forum at Deer Creek, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who suffered falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forum at Deer Creek, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forum at Deer Creek, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forum at Deer Creek, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forum at Deer Creek, 2.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forum at Deer Creek, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forum at Deer Creek, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forum at Deer Creek, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Forum at Deer Creek, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forum at Deer Creek, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forum at Deer Creek, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forum at Deer Creek, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis0.86 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis2 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton4.29 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- First Class Kidney Care Dialysis Center, LLC4.39 miles away3170 North Federal Highway Suite 107 Pompano Beach Florida 33064Dialysis Stations: 4 (754) 307-9256
- West Boca Dialysis Center5.26 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- Universal Kidney Center of Margate-Coral Springs LLC5.43 miles away2800 N State Road 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Dialysis Stations: 30 (954) 968-8500
- Nw Broward Artificial Kidney Center5.6 miles away2514 N State Road 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 977-7555
- Boca Raton Artificial Kidney Center5.66 miles away998 Nw 9th Ct Boca Raton Florida 33486Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 392-3940