Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center is a very-small hospital-based nursing home in Knoxville, Tennessee. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ facility, which is our most impressive rating. We couldn't find many negative things to say about this nursing home. Its ratings are impeccable. If you look below, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which look to be just as strong as its overall rating.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Knoxville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Knoxville, Tennessee Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Knoxville, Tennessee Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Knoxville, Tennessee Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, it also earned A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually perfect. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care scores are vital for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more skilled nursing. This includes a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, we awarded this facility a grade of A for its long-term care score. This is a dominant rating. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Switching gears to the final area, this nursing home also performed well in our nursing category. We awarded it an A- in this area. This topped off a straight A profile. In computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses are with residents as well as the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center, 3.9% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center, 68.05% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Knoxville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Knoxville, Tennessee has 7 other nursing homes
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 0.05 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.03 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- Methodist Medical Center of Oak RidgeAcute Care Hospitals 17.67 miles away990 Oak Ridge Turnpike Box 529 Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 835-1000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee0.63 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders0.64 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516
- Dci Knoxville1.88 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.3.06 miles away2519 E Magnolia Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37914Dialysis Stations: 21 (865) 633-6052
- Davita Dialysis3.71 miles away2909 E Magnolia Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37914Dialysis Stations: 25 (865) 525-2232
- Bio-Medical Application of Tennessee, Inc.4.11 miles away4440 Walker Blvd. Knoxville Tennessee 37917Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 687-3436
- Fmc Powell7.23 miles away732 E. Emory Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37938CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 947-1700
- Knoxville Central Dialysis8.96 miles away9141 Cross Park Drive Suite 102 Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 8 (865) 531-4681