Fort Pierce Health Care is a large facility located in Fort Pierce, Florida. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a favorable grade. Based on our analysis, you could do much worse than this nursing home. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Fort Pierce Health Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility received even higher grades in the area of short-term care. It received one of our best grades in that area with an A-. In determining our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This facility really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing scores are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Fort Pierce Health Care?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it excelled in inspections, with a grade of B in that category. It performed better than most facilities in this area. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, this nursing home was given a C for long-term care, which we consider to be an acceptable grade. For patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 98.445595 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fort Pierce Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients who have experienced falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 94.94% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fort Pierce Health Care, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart InstituteAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away1700 S 23rd St Fort Pierce Florida 34950Proprietary(772) 461-4000
- Port St Lucie HospitalPsychiatric 10.5 miles away2550 Se Walton Rd Port Saint Lucie Florida 34952Proprietary(772) 335-0400
- St Lucie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.77 miles away1800 Se Tiffany Ave Port Saint Lucie Florida 34952Proprietary(772) 335-4000
- Cleveland Clinic Indian River HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.18 miles away1000 36th St Vero Beach Florida 32960Voluntary non-profit - Private(772) 567-4311
- Cleveland Clinic Martin North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.42 miles away200 Se Hospital Ave Stuart Florida 34995Voluntary non-profit - Private(772) 287-5200
- Rai Care Centers - Fort Pierce1.08 miles away2501 Ohio Ave Fort Pierce Florida 34950CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (772) 465-6551
- Bright Kidney Care, LLC2.05 miles away2000 Hartman Rd Ste 2 Fort Pierce Florida 34947CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (772) 467-1117
- Rai Care Centers - Port Saint Lucie7.93 miles away8661 S Us Hwy 1 Port Saint Lucie Florida 34952Dialysis Stations: 22 (772) 807-7229
- Goldtree Kidney Center LLC10.53 miles away1407 Southeast Goldtree Drive Ste A Port Saint Lucie Florida 34952CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (772) 335-8677
- Fmc - Tradition11.88 miles away1748 Sw St Lucie West Blvd Port Saint Lucie Florida 34986CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (772) 336-3793
- Bma - Port Saint Lucie12.13 miles away709 Sw Port Saint Lucie Blvd Port Saint Lucie Florida 34953CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (772) 344-4998
- Renal Care Center - Vero Beach12.9 miles away1515 Indian River Blvd Ste a-101 Vero Beach Florida 32960CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (772) 778-4917
- Davita Sandy Shores Dialysis14.8 miles away5947 20th Street Vero Beach Florida 32966Dialysis Stations: 12 (772) 770-0331