Located in Rosenberg, Texas, Fort Bend Healthcare Center is one of a mere two available facilities in this city. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some solid marks. As far as we can see, this facility would be a good fit for quite a few people. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Fort Bend Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection scores are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor dings aren't something to panic about.
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. We analyzed the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with patients, in computing our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Fort Bend Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category ended up being long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B-. In computing our long-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive category was short-term care, which is the final category we looked at. For this category, we gave this facility a grade of D. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fort Bend Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 4.66% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 94.73% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fort Bend Healthcare Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Oakbend Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away1705 Jackson St Richmond Texas 77469Government - Hospital District or Authority(281) 341-3000
- Memorial Hermann Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away17500 W Grand Parkway South Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 725-5000
- Westpark Springs LLCPsychiatric 11.41 miles away6902 S Peek Road Richmond Texas 77407Voluntary non-profit - Other(832) 535-2770
- Sugar Land Surgical Hospital LlpAcute Care Hospitals 11.69 miles away16906 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Physician(281) 243-1000
- Houston Methodist Sugarland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away16655 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 274-8000
- St Luke's Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.9 miles away1317 Lake Pointe Parkway Sugar Land Texas 77478Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 637-7000
- Memorial Hermann Katy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.2 miles away23900 Katy Freeway Katy Texas 77494Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 392-1111
- Houston Methodist West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away18500 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77094Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 522-1000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.0.78 miles away2733 1st St Rosenberg Texas 77471Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 239-3156
- Fresenius Medical Care Brazos1.54 miles away1730 b.f. Terry Boulevard Rosenberg Texas 77471Dialysis Stations: 21 (832) 595-0003
- Fresenius Medical Care Rosenberg3.04 miles away2510 B. F. Terry Blvd. Rosenberg Texas 77471CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (281) 341-7425
- Davita Village Dialysis3.55 miles away6952 Industrial Parkway Rosenberg Texas 77471Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 232-3116
- West Bellfort Dialysis4.73 miles away21026 W. Bellfort Richmond Texas 77406Dialysis Stations: 12 (832) 595-0187
- Lexington Dialysis, LLC10.68 miles away16035 Lexington Blvd Sugar Land Texas 77479Dialysis Stations: 24 (832) 783-9090
- First Colony Dialysis11.98 miles away1447 Hwy 6 Suite #140 Sugar Land Texas 77478Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 494-1465
- Greatwood Dialysis12.03 miles away20333 Southwest Freeway Suite 105 Sugar Land Texas 77479Dialysis Stations: 17 (281) 545-1470