Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center is located in Itasca, Illinois. The city has a population of 10,360 people. With an overall rating of D, this is a relatively poor facility. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Itasca. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this facility favorably overall, we did give it an excellent score in the category of inspections, where it earned an A-. Inspection grades are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating and that actually turned out to be its second highest score. Our nursing rating is largely associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Another issue is the F this facility was given in the area of short-term care. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more critical for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Given its score in this area, we weren't stunned to discover that this facility is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the measures we looked at. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel score in this area as well. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this area, which is definitely a major concern. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care likely don't provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes offer. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this facility vaccinated just 43.506493 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients that have experienced falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 29.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 87.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 2.87 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 7.86 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove2.26 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr2.76 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center3.72 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286
- Davita Salt Creek Dialysis4.37 miles away196 W. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 279-3350
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center4.61 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310
- Usrc - Villa Park Dialysis4.81 miles away200 E. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 530-5237
- Usrc - Villa Park Home Therapies5.16 miles away202 East North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 415-3458
- Fmc - Schaumburg5.36 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190