Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center is located in Itasca, Illinois. The city has a population of 10,360 people. Our scoring system was not favorable to this facility, as it received an overall grade of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Itasca. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it earned an impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our highest scores in that category with a grade of A-. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid places with too many severe deficiencies flagged. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Unfortunately, this ended up being one of its better grades. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Another unfortunate development was the F this facility was given in the category of long-term care. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category may not provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes offer. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 41.791046 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this area, which is an abysmal score. Our short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Based on its score in this category, we weren't surprised to discover that this place is well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected to find. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents that have sustained falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who had UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 87.4% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forest View Rehab & Nursing Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 2.87 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 7.86 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove2.26 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr2.76 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center3.72 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286
- Davita Salt Creek Dialysis4.37 miles away196 W. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 279-3350
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center4.61 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310
- Usrc - Villa Park Dialysis4.81 miles away200 E. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 530-5237
- Usrc - Villa Park Home Therapies5.16 miles away202 East North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 415-3458
- Fmc - Schaumburg5.36 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190