Forest Springs Health Campus is a nursing home located in Louisville, Kentucky which has a total of 736,284 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated nursing homes we looked at. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate scores across the board. Even in a city offering 23 other nursing homes, this facility is a great option. Keep reading to see this place's category scores, which also impressed us. You really can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Forest Springs Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Louisville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this very important area. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end assessments in other areas, we gave this facility a grade of A for its long-term care grade. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.21429 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Forest Springs Health Campus?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a top-shelf short-term care grade. Indeed, this turned out to be this nursing home's third best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our short-term care grades are likely most meaningful for people requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
In the last category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our nursing rating. This finished off a first-rate profile. Nursing grades are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning residents even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forest Springs Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 7.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who experienced urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 16.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 17.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 2.97% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 97.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 19.15% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Many argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 21.08% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 21.08% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 13.75% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 70.69% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 22 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 8.76 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 11.52 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Fmc-South Central Louisville2.23 miles away8319 Preston Highway Suite C,D,E Louisville Kentucky 40219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 968-2225
- University Kidney Center - Broadway2.74 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC2.96 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon4.17 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies5.14 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650
- Fmc - Suburban5.72 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- Davita - Meadows East6.2 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- University Kidney Center Bluegrass, LLC6.21 miles away1935 Bluegrass Ave., Suite 100 Louisville Kentucky 40215Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 368-5843