Forest Springs Health Campus is a nursing home located in Louisville, Kentucky which has a total of 736,284 people. This facility was given an A- overall, which is among the best grades that we offer. A grade of this caliber requires excellent scores across the board. Even in a city of 41 other nursing homes, this nursing home stood out. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Forest Springs Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home also received an A+ inspection score. This is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many elite grades, this facility was given first-rate short-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A- in this category. With our short-term care assessment, we seek to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Forest Springs Health Campus?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is long-term care. This nursing home was given an above average long-term care grade, with a B+ in this category. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 94.44444 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last area we graded was this nursing home's poorest area. However, even in its worst category we still awarded it an acceptable grade of B- for nursing. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat concerning figure as it is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. While this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this metric. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning patients more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forest Springs Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 3.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that had a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 16.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 28.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 8.14% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 89.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 21.86% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 21.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 13.2 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forest Springs Health Campus, 72.02% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 40 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 8.76 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 11.52 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Fmc-South Central Louisville2.23 miles away8319 Preston Highway Suite C,D,E Louisville Kentucky 40219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 968-2225
- University Kidney Center - Broadway2.74 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC2.96 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon4.17 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies5.14 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650
- Fmc - Suburban5.72 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- Davita - Meadows East6.2 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- University Kidney Center Bluegrass, LLC6.21 miles away1935 Bluegrass Ave., Suite 100 Louisville Kentucky 40215Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 368-5843