Forest Ridge Health & Rehab is an average-sized nursing home in Bremerton, Washington. This nursing home received a rock bottom overall score based on the data we assessed. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Bremerton. Even though this nursing home was awarded a single reasonable category score in short-term care, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Forest Ridge Health & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bremerton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable short-term care score this year. We gave it a C in that area, which was the closest thing to a bright spot we found for this place. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to judge a facility's rehabilitation services. To offer highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The tricky part is determining what bearing this had on the quality of care. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
This nursing home's second best category was inspections. Nevertheless, with a grade of just D in this category, it still fared relatively poorly. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. We recommend you scrutinize the level of severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility was assessed several deficiencies in categories G through L, which rank among the more serious deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies uncovered by inspectors had potential to pose actual harm to patients. Finally, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was assessed large government fines recently amounting to over $100,000. This typically indicates that a nursing home'spoor track record spanned more than one year.
Does this page answer your questions about Forest Ridge Health & Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this nursing home an F in the category of long-term care. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an above average statistic. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Moving on to the final category, this facility really didn't perform very well here either. With a poor grade of F in nursing, this is really as terrible as it gets. The nursing score includes a handful of components, but the main consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. With a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient each day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were well below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forest Ridge Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 7.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which had a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 2.29% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 13.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 12.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 13.28% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 92.89% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 14.67% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 18.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 18.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 12.21 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 75.22% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Harrison Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away2520 Cherry Avenue Bremerton Washington 98310Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 377-3911
- St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.93 miles away11567 Canterwood Boulevard Nw Gig Harbor Washington 98332Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 530-2050
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.81 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.93 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.11 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 16.55 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.56 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.7 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Olympic Peninsula Kc - South Kitsap1.91 miles away450 S Kitsap Blvd Bldg 1, Suite 178 Port Orchard Washington 98366Dialysis Stations: 11 (360) 895-7795
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center Coordinated Care Unit2.19 miles away2740 Clare Ave Bremerton Washington 98310Dialysis Stations: 4 (360) 479-1068
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center2.22 miles away2613 Wheaton Way Bremerton Washington 98310CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (360) 479-5908
- Belfair Dialysis11.86 miles away23961 Ne State Route 3 Belfair Washington 98528Dialysis Stations: 5 (360) 275-0141
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center - North12.14 miles away19472 Powder Hill Pl Ste 100 Poulsbo Washington 98370Dialysis Stations: 8 (360) 598-9712
- Nkc Burien Kidney Center13.78 miles away12901 20th Ave South Seattle Washington 98168CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (206) 923-3562
- Westwood Dialysis Center13.94 miles away2615 Sw Trenton St Seattle Washington 98126Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 938-6738
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center16.12 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705