Located in Bremerton, Washington, Forest Ridge Health & Rehab is one of only three facilities in this area. This facility received a concerning overall grade of D in our grading scheme. This wasn't the worse facility we graded, however, we'd still struggle to recommend it. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Forest Ridge Health & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received an impressive short-term care rating this year. We gave it a B+ in this area. With our short-term care assessment, we attempt to craft a sound measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of B- in the area. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it scored well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Forest Ridge Health & Rehab?
This facility earned slightly below average government inspections in recent years. We awarded them a C in this category. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility had 14 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were in categories J through L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to put patient health or safety in imminent harm or jeopardy. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is long-term care. This nursing home received an abysmal grade of F in that area. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.57265 percent of its patients, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forest Ridge Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 13.74% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 93.71% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Some believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forest Ridge Health & Rehab, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Harrison Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away2520 Cherry Avenue Bremerton Washington 98310Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 377-3911
- St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.93 miles away11567 Canterwood Boulevard Nw Gig Harbor Washington 98332Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 530-2050
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.81 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.93 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.11 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 16.55 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.56 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.7 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Olympic Peninsula Kc - South Kitsap1.91 miles away450 S Kitsap Blvd Bldg 1, Suite 178 Port Orchard Washington 98366Dialysis Stations: 11 (360) 895-7795
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center Coordinated Care Unit2.19 miles away2740 Clare Ave Bremerton Washington 98310Dialysis Stations: 4 (360) 479-1068
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center2.22 miles away2613 Wheaton Way Bremerton Washington 98310CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (360) 479-5908
- Belfair Dialysis11.86 miles away23961 Ne State Route 3 Belfair Washington 98528Dialysis Stations: 5 (360) 275-0141
- Olympic Peninsula Kidney Center - North12.14 miles away19472 Powder Hill Pl Ste 100 Poulsbo Washington 98370Dialysis Stations: 8 (360) 598-9712
- Nkc Burien Kidney Center13.78 miles away12901 20th Ave South Seattle Washington 98168CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (206) 923-3562
- Westwood Dialysis Center13.94 miles away2615 Sw Trenton St Seattle Washington 98126Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 938-6738
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center16.12 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705