Forest Hill Nursing Center is one of six available facilities located in Jackson, Mississippi. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A grade of this caliber requires solid marks in most areas. Based on all of the relevant data, you could do much worse than this nursing home. Finally, we wanted to point out that there was an ownership change at this facility in the last 12 months. We will need to make sure it maintains its high grades going forward.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Forest Hill Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Forest Hill Nursing Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Jackson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is it earned an A+ inspection grade. This is as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection scores are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of long-term care. Consequently, it received one of our best grades in that category with a score of A+. Facilities that do well in this category typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 95.945946 percent of its patients, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Forest Hill Nursing Center?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. The nursing grade includes a handful of factors, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures. While this place got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared well in this statistic. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving a resident even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was short-term care. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a decent grade of C. This is this facility's weakest area. In determining our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is often a meaningful measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. We were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. The last measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forest Hill Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forest Hill Nursing Center, 10.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forest Hill Nursing Center, 3.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forest Hill Nursing Center, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forest Hill Nursing Center, 21.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forest Hill Nursing Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forest Hill Nursing Center, 1.78% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forest Hill Nursing Center, 93.49% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forest Hill Nursing Center, 18.69% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forest Hill Nursing Center, 17.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Forest Hill Nursing Center, 2.16 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forest Hill Nursing Center, 17.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Jackson, MS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jackson, Mississippi has 5 other nursing homes
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 10.73 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Isd Renal Inc1.79 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897
- Fmc Southwest Jackson2.05 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Isd Renal Inc3.1 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.5.87 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Lakeland Home Program, LLC6.25 miles away105 Johnston Place Clinton Mississippi 39056Dialysis Stations: 14 (601) 925-9296
- Medical Mall Dialysis6.41 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home6.42 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Fmc Jackson7.81 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652