Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center is an average-sized facility located in Forest Grove, Oregon. With an overall grade of D, this is a relatively poor facility. This nursing home seems to have very little going for it. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Forest Grove senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Forest Grove, Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not have many favorable things to say about this place's overall score, it did receive a somewhat respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent score in that category with a B-. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B-. Our nursing score is primarily associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This particular facility provided just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable area is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we size up the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This category is frequently a meaningful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its level of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The critical question is whether this adversely impacted quality of care. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care. This facility received a grade of B- for the category. Our long-term care grades are more critical for those requiring more conventional services associated with activities of daily living. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 97.87234 percent of its residents. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 4.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 5.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which had a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 15.66% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 18.75% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 1.2% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 96.56% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 12.14% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 24.95% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 24.95% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 13.89% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, 71.27% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Tuality Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away335 Se 8th Avenue Hillsboro Oregon 97123Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 681-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - WestsideAcute Care Hospitals 9.84 miles away2875 Nw Stucki Ave Hillsboro Oregon 97124Voluntary non-profit - Private(971) 310-1000
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.81 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Providence Newberg Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away1001 Providence Drive Newberg Oregon 97132Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 537-1555
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.35 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 18.82 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.96 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.7 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Pnrs Raines Dialysis0.61 miles away3201 19th Avenue Forest Grove Oregon 97116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 359-0593
- Hillsboro Dialysis Center8.34 miles away2500 Nw 229th Ave Suite 300 Bldg E Hillsboro Oregon 97124Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 681-9460
- Fresenius Medical Care Noble Woods, LLC8.4 miles away5333 W Baseline Rd Hillsboro Oregon 97123Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 615-2161
- Cornell Road Dialysis11.09 miles away1700 Nw 167th Pl Ste 230 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 439-8829
- Pnrs Beaverton11.73 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Pnrs Twin Oaks11.74 miles away15201 Nw Greenbrier Parkway #C-2 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (503) 690-4883
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC15.03 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Sherwood Dialysis Center15.41 miles away21035 Sw Pacific Highway Sherwood Oregon 97140Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 925-0105