Forest Creek Village is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Indianapolis, Indiana which has a population of 910,148 people. With an overall score of A-, this nursing home is ranked among the higher-graded nursing homes we looked at. In fact, this proved to be quite a bit better than most of the nursing homes in Indianapolis. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Forest Creek Village
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a top notch facility overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also performed well in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A. Not many nursing homes performed better in this area. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Forest Creek Village?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. The nursing rating includes a handful of subcategories, many of which are based on nursing hours. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is this nursing home's poorest area. Nevertheless, even its weakest link would actually be a strength for most nursing homes. We awarded it a favorable grade of B for long-term care. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.10715 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forest Creek Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forest Creek Village, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that have pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forest Creek Village, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients who suffered falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forest Creek Village, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents which had a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forest Creek Village, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forest Creek Village, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forest Creek Village, 12.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forest Creek Village, 91.56% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forest Creek Village, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forest Creek Village, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Forest Creek Village, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forest Creek Village, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forest Creek Village, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forest Creek Village, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 7.63 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.08 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC2.08 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Indiana Dialysis Company3.17 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Davita - Marion County3.63 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South3.87 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Davita - Indy South Dialysis5.47 miles away972 Emerson Parkway, Suite E Greenwood Indiana 46143Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 881-0641
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy5.89 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis6.07 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Us Renal Care-Greenwood Renal Center6.09 miles away125 Airport Parkway, Suite 140 Greenwood Indiana 46143CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (317) 883-1280