Forest Creek Village is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Indianapolis, Indiana which has a population of 910,148 people. With an overall score of B-, this is likely a decent nursing home. If you take a look at the other options in Indianapolis, we hope you will find this place to be a more appealing option than most nursing homes in the city. This city simply does not have a great selection of nursing homes. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its exemplary inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Forest Creek Village
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a strong score in our short-term care category. We gave this nursing home a better than average grade of B in this category. Short-term care grades are commonly used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. To have quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Forest Creek Village?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. Our long-term care ratings are based on the facility's volume of nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine medical services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final area we analyzed was nursing. We awarded this nursing home a D for nursing, rendering this the nursing home's least impressive category. The nursing grade analyzes many factors, most of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forest Creek Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forest Creek Village, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forest Creek Village, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forest Creek Village, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents which experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forest Creek Village, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forest Creek Village, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forest Creek Village, 12.89% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forest Creek Village, 91.48% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forest Creek Village, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forest Creek Village, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Forest Creek Village, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forest Creek Village, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forest Creek Village, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forest Creek Village, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 7.63 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.08 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC2.08 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Indiana Dialysis Company3.17 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Davita - Marion County3.63 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South3.87 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Davita - Indy South Dialysis5.47 miles away972 Emerson Parkway, Suite E Greenwood Indiana 46143Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 881-0641
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy5.89 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis6.07 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Us Renal Care-Greenwood Renal Center6.09 miles away125 Airport Parkway, Suite 140 Greenwood Indiana 46143CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (317) 883-1280