Forest Creek Village is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Indianapolis, Indiana which has a population of 910,148 people. With an overall score of B, this nursing home is a fine choice. If you take a look at the other options in Indianapolis, we are confident you will find this place to be a better option than most of the nursing homes in the city. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Forest Creek Village
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a strong overall rating, this facility fared even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the facility's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an A+ for that category, which is one of our best grades. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a grade of B. It performed better than most nursing homes in this category. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Forest Creek Village?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we graded was long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a B- in this category. For residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The next category we looked at was nursing. This nursing home was given a C in this category. In calculating a facility's nursing grade, we consider the amount of time nurses commit to residents as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing scores also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Forest Creek Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Forest Creek Village, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Forest Creek Village, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents which had falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Forest Creek Village, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Forest Creek Village, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Forest Creek Village, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Forest Creek Village, 14.48% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Forest Creek Village, 91.03% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Forest Creek Village, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Forest Creek Village, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Forest Creek Village, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Forest Creek Village, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Forest Creek Village, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Forest Creek Village, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 7.63 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.08 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC2.08 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Indiana Dialysis Company3.17 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Davita - Marion County3.63 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South3.87 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Davita - Indy South Dialysis5.47 miles away972 Emerson Parkway, Suite E Greenwood Indiana 46143Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 881-0641
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy5.89 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis6.07 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Us Renal Care-Greenwood Renal Center6.09 miles away125 Airport Parkway, Suite 140 Greenwood Indiana 46143CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (317) 883-1280