Foothills Rehabilitation Center is one of 22 nursing homes in Tucson, Arizona. It looks like this nursing home is one of the higher-rated nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, this is actually one of the highest rated nursing homes in Tucson. This nursing home also received consistently good grades in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Foothills Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home has earned excellent inspections recently. We gave them an A in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Foothills Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our better scores in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B+. Our short-term care grades are important for individuals in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing. This includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, we gave this facility an A for our long-term care grade. This topped off a very favorable report card. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a dangerous condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Foothills Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 3.1% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 80.03% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Foothills Rehabilitation Center, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Tucson, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tucson, Arizona has 21 other nursing homes
- Tucson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.31 miles away5301 East Grant Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 327-5461
- Palo Verde Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 0.47 miles away2695 North Craycroft Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 322-2888
- St Joseph's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.91 miles away350 North Wilmot Road Tucson Arizona 85711Voluntary non-profit - Other(520) 873-3000
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away1625 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-4189
- Banner-University Medical Center South CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away2800 East Ajo Way Tucson Arizona 85713Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-2000
- St. Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.43 miles away1601 West St Mary's Road Tucson Arizona 85745Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 872-3000
- Sonora Behavioral Health HospitalPsychiatric 9.12 miles away6050 North Corona Road Tucson Arizona 85704Proprietary(520) 469-8700
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away6200 North La Cholla Boulevard Tucson Arizona 85741Proprietary(520) 469-8100
- Swan Dialysis1.18 miles away1635 N Swan Road Tucson Arizona 85712Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 327-1125
- East Tucson (Fmc)1.35 miles away5555 E 5th St #155 Tucson Arizona 85711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (520) 790-0461
- Tucson East Dialysis (Dva)2.37 miles away6420 E Broadway Blvd Ste c300 Tucson Arizona 85710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (520) 790-2775
- Tucson Central Dialysis (Dva)3.15 miles away2901 E Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85716CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 325-3408
- Banner University Medical Center Pediatric Outpatient Dialysis Unit4.15 miles awayPO Box 245148 Tucson Arizona 85724Dialysis Stations: 4 (520) 694-7176
- Desert Dialysis Center (Dci)4.17 miles away2022 E Prince Rd Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 19 (520) 327-0007
- Tucson West Dialysis Center (Fmc)5.79 miles away100 W Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85705CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (520) 624-0266
- South Tucson Dialysis (Fmc)6.76 miles away2802 South 6th Ave Tucson Arizona 85713Dialysis Stations: 24 (520) 792-2999