Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf is a facility located in Tustin, California. This city has 80,773 people. This nursing home is a quality facility, with an overall grade of B+. We also wanted to point out that this facility is located in a hospital. Typically, this indicates that more intensive medical services are offered. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its nursing score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Tustin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing grade. When calculating our nursing ratings, we analyze both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages 1.1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to its impressive profile, this nursing home also performed at a high level in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with a score of A-. Our inspection ratings are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspections. Places that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the category of long-term care, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most facilities in this area. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care. This facility received an above average short-term care score this year, with a grade of B-. While this is not as dominant as several of its other category grades, this is still a respectable grade for that area. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients that suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who have sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 5.83% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 95.65% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.61 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.18 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.5 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Davita-Tustin Ranch Dialysis1.07 miles away721 W 1st Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 544-0079
- Fmc-South Orange County1.1 miles away2020 E. First Street, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 972-1236
- Fmc-Rai-East First Street-Tustin1.21 miles away535 E. First Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 730-1428
- St. Joseph Hospital Dialysis Center-Santa Ana1.4 miles away2212 E. 4th Street, Suite 101 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 571-7850
- Davita-Santa Ana Dialysis Center2.1 miles away1820 E. Deere Avenue Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (949) 251-1221
- Davita-Tustin Dialysis Center2.37 miles away2090 N. Tustin Avenue, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 835-2450
- Fmc-Santa Ana Dialysis3.52 miles away2740 S. Bristol Street, Suite 110 Santa Ana California 92704CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 754-1670
- Satellite Healthcare Orange4.15 miles away1518 W. La Veta Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 285-9675