Located in Tustin, California, Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf is the sole option located in this city. This turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. We also want to point out that this nursing home is based in a hospital. Typically, this means that more intensive medical services are available. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this facility also received first-rate health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that category, with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing grades are primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it was given a score of B+. It performed more favorably than most facilities in this area. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 93.13725 percent of its patients, which is a bit below what we expected. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive category is short-term care, which is the final category we assessed. In this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of D. In determining our short-term care ratings, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is typically a solid assessment of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last measure we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who have sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 4.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Foothill Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 95.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.61 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.18 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.5 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Davita-Tustin Ranch Dialysis1.07 miles away721 W 1st Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 544-0079
- Fmc-South Orange County1.1 miles away2020 E. First Street, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 972-1236
- Fmc-Rai-East First Street-Tustin1.21 miles away535 E. First Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 730-1428
- St. Joseph Hospital Dialysis Center-Santa Ana1.4 miles away2212 E. 4th Street, Suite 101 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 571-7850
- Davita-Santa Ana Dialysis Center2.1 miles away1820 E. Deere Avenue Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (949) 251-1221
- Davita-Tustin Dialysis Center2.37 miles away2090 N. Tustin Avenue, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 835-2450
- Fmc-Santa Ana Dialysis3.52 miles away2740 S. Bristol Street, Suite 110 Santa Ana California 92704CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 754-1670
- Satellite Healthcare Orange4.15 miles away1518 W. La Veta Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 285-9675