Folkestone is a facility located in Wayzata, Minnesota, which has 14,486 people. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a superb grade. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top fifth of all facilities in the country. This nursing home was also given phenomenal scores in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Wayzata senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we gave this facility an A-. We assessed the qualifications of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the number of hours the nurses spent with patients, in determining our grade in this category. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Folkestone?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next category, this facility was given an excellent short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a score of A- in this area. Our short-term care grades are vital for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 4.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last category, we awarded this facility an A+ for its long-term care rating. This topped off a very favorable profile. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 92.85714 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit below what we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Folkestone Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Folkestone, 18.07% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients which have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Folkestone, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Folkestone, 5.15% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term residents who sustained UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Folkestone, 21.43% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Folkestone, 7.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Folkestone, 2.15% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Folkestone, 84.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Folkestone, 13.73% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Folkestone, 12% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Folkestone, 0.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Folkestone, 12% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Folkestone, 0% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Folkestone, 86.15% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 11.95 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek3.66 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita4.09 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita7.02 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley7.5 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Fmc - Maple Grove Dialysis7.5 miles away7365 Kirkwood Ct N, Ste 135 Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 494-0316
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis7.67 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Davita - New Hope8 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita8.13 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411