Folkestone is a facility located in Wayzata, Minnesota, which has 14,486 people. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a superb grade. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the country. This nursing home was also given phenomenal scores in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility performed remarkably in our short-term care category. We awarded them an exemplary score of A+ in this area. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Folkestone?
Long-term Care Quality
Building on its high-end assessment, this nursing home also was given a dominant long-term care score, with a grade of A-. For residents looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 93.10345 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be a few points less than we expected but still a decent percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last category we analyzed, this nursing home received an impressive grade grade of A- in our nursing category. With this grade, the facility topped off a straight A report card. Our nursing grade analyzes the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Folkestone Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Folkestone, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Folkestone, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Folkestone, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Folkestone, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Folkestone, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Folkestone, 4.73% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Folkestone, 93.57% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Folkestone, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Folkestone, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Folkestone, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Folkestone, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Folkestone, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Folkestone, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 11.95 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek3.66 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita4.09 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita7.02 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley7.5 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Fmc - Maple Grove Dialysis7.5 miles away7365 Kirkwood Ct N, Ste 135 Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 494-0316
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis7.67 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Davita - New Hope8 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita8.13 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411