Folkestone is a facility located in Wayzata, Minnesota, which has 14,486 people. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is very good grade. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top fifth of all facilities in the country. This nursing home was also given phenomenal scores in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to note the fact that this facility received a top-shelf score of A- in our short-term care area. Short-term care scores are important for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 4.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Folkestone?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we look at the quantity of hours nurses are seeing residents and the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, this facility also was given an impressive long-term care score, with a grade of B+. This completed a very favorable report card. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 92.134834 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit less than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Folkestone Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Folkestone, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Folkestone, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Folkestone, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Folkestone, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients which were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Folkestone, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Folkestone, 4.58% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Folkestone, 93.31% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Folkestone, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Folkestone, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Folkestone, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Folkestone, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Folkestone, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Folkestone, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 11.95 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek3.66 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita4.09 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita7.02 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley7.5 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Fmc - Maple Grove Dialysis7.5 miles away7365 Kirkwood Ct N, Ste 135 Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 494-0316
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis7.67 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Davita - New Hope8 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita8.13 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411